Tonight I went to my MOMS Club banquet. I mention it because I won something. I won the Romantic Date Night basket. Which is quite funny because I only put one ticket in for that drawing (the rest went to the basket with the Nordstrom's gift card). And if anyone DOESN'T have time for a romantic date, it would be me. But it was a nice gift, loaded up with candles, lotions, cheese plates, other goodies, and wine. At least I can use the booze, right? Oh yeah I don't drink wine.
It's been a long day. I finished painting the playroom and feel it in every muscle of my body. Kathryn started my day off bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 6 am and then proceeded to run me through the ringer. It was the most exhausting gymnastics class we have ever had, I am so ready for her to graduate to the preschool one and become the coaches' problem and not mine.
And what else? Oh yeah, Emma has had a 104 fever all day.
Poor baby turned the corner of the stairs this morning and I just knew something was wrong. I called the doctor and they said they couldn't get her in until tomorrow. To which I promptly replied," Oh you'll get her in TODAY, because my baby is sick and you have got to fix her now." Apparently I am just ornery this week and have lost all people skills, but it worked and we were squeezed in. I don't think that I would have been so frustrated except for the fact that since she saw the doctor last week, she has just been getting worse. And that's not the effect you want from your health care provider.
We got to see our regular pediatrician today whom we LOVE. That alone just made me feel a little better. Alli, Abby, and I have been a pack of Clara Bartons around here giving Emma baths, putting cool cloths on her head, getting her water, and basically doing whatever she wanted us to. And now that I know my girls can administer some loving care, I expect nothing less the next time I get sick!
Anyway, diagnosis: bronchitis. My kitchen counter looks like a pharmacy now between Emma's medicines and breathing equipment and Abby's first aid stash for her knee. Hopefully somewhere in there is the magic drug. We've been alternating Motrin and Tylenol, she's on two antibiotics, and has to do two different solutions on the nebulizer three times a day. Add that to a good amount of pampering, hugging and kissing and she should be right as rain in a few days. But she's not contagious, this is what happens when your child has an annoying little cough with no other symptoms and it doesn't go away.
So don't ignore the cough! Because it will turn into long, sleepless, sweaty nights and not the kind you expect when you get a Romantic Date Night basket!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


3 comments:
Poor Emma! Hope she feels better soon! Can't wait to see the playroom! Your Supermom cape has definitely been at work!
Feel better soon Emma!!
Now how did Raegan's bronchitis travel all the way down to Miss Emma? Hope she's better soon - www.starfall.com is a great website if she needs something to do!
Post a Comment