It was an AWESOME game! The score kept going back and forth and some stellar plays. Seems like every time I am there Berkman is doing something fab while sitting on his butt. The girls had a healthy dinner of helmet sundaes, popcorn and cotton candy. And Emma only bugged me about the fireworks from the 4th inning on.
The bottom of the 9th was not looking so good for our boys and I really just did not want to see another loss. But at least the fireworks were next and Emma would pipe down. I mean it wasn't enough that we had to track down Junction Jack and get a photo with him, or that she was given some cool souvenirs by the 20-somethings a few rows in front of us because they thought she "was just so darn cute!"We're down one, two outs, a runner on base, Emma bugging AGAIN about fireworks. I snap and tell her that this is probably the last batter. And it was, Loretta hit a walk-off two run homer. Game over!! I don't think I have ever seen a walk-off homer before and it had to be one of the coolest things ever!! And then the fireworks display was so cool, Emma was entranced, and Kathryn slept through the whole thing. Just another day at the ballpark!


No comments:
Post a Comment