Monday, June 25, 2007

Through the Years

One of our traditions during Beach Week is to go down to the Strand and take a picture of all us chicks under the Colonel Bubbie's sign. We started this annual family trip back in 2002. I think the first outing to the Strand must have just been a quick run down to get some candy and then hightailing it back to nurse little Emma. That's the only reason I can think of for her not being in the picture. Because God forbid if I took a break from my 6 month old! But it must have been just one of those times when Granny says what Granny always says: Let me take your picture. And so a tradition was born!


Here we are in 2002. We weren't really cartoon characters back then.




In 2003, Emma made the trip and we were joined by baby Parker. And see Alli, the sass is already setting in.



In 2004, 2 weeks before Kathryn debuted in the world. It really is a miracle that I am smiling. I was quite miserable and I had no ankles.



In 2005, the chicks keep coming, not that you could tell but Sarah is pregnant with Bridget.

In 2006, hey, hey the gang's all here! Except for the bum sitting on the stoop. He was Photoshop'ed out.


And this year, cheese, snap, can we get some candy now?? The girls are all well trained in the reward system for this shot! Even I got some jelly beans!


It is really a lot of fun to see the evolution of this photo. Adding more girls, watching them grow, and the changing of my hair color. Sad to say but this might be it. At least from my end, I am not adding any more chicks to this shot!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How neat! That is so much fun to look at the progression! I love all of your Beach week pics! What fun memories!

JKMN said...

That is such an awesome tradition!

Dawn said...

Very neat idea! You guys are just multiplying like gremlins! Remember that line? :)

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I love this...love it!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.