Tonight it started. The after school activities. There was a parents meeting for Allison's volleyball team. Last night when they called to let me know about the meeting, I should have known something was up. I asked who the coach was and was told we would find out the details at the meeting. Yeah, that's because there was no coach.
So the staff of the YMCA implemented the very un-Christian like tactic of bullying some of us moms to see who would step up and coach these girls. No one was taking the bait, and certainly not me. But after thinking for a while that this is really what Alli wants to do, for a split second I was almostreadythisclose to saying I would. Like I said for a split second! Then reality set in, all I know about volleyball is that the ball is white, and I have 4 kids, no coaching for me. So I remained quiet and so did everyone else.
But finally one mom said she would do it if the rest of us promised to help. Which I have no problem with. So now I am the official team mom, and that's a great job for me. If anyone knows how to mother 9 girls, it'd be me, I'm halfway there everyday!
And my first job was to put the bug in the ear of the coach that Tuesday night practices are not good. Conflict with American Idol, gotta have your priorities, right? Except that we will be practicing on Wednesdays, which is probably when Emma's soccer practice will be too.
Alright, somebody clone me!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


4 comments:
See "double mom" would be handy here...
you are pathetic. i will send you money for a TIVO so that you don't put a stupid show before your kids!
how could you let emma practice on friday??? don't you know that is big 12 basketball night on espn?
i mean wednesday
I'm sorry--is my husband living a double life as your brother? I didn't know there was another human as severly sarcastic as Rob. BTW, Way to go, team mom! Trust me, skip the coaching! ;)
Post a Comment