Monday, January 22, 2007

Are you kidding me?

Warning: The views expressed in this article are solely the opinion of the author and intended to be humorous, so don't bombard me with political discussions!!

Have you heard about this crazy lady in California that wants to make it a law to not spank your children under 3 years of age? Are you for real?
Now I don't advocate spanking as a form of daily punishment. In fact, I hardly ever do it. But every now and then, it gets the job done. If Kathryn runs out in the middle of the street, you can bet I am gonna swat her behind as opposed to trying to have a meaningful discussion with her about the dangers of oncoming traffic. I mean sometimes it is warranted. And if you spank them once and it worked, I think the threat of a spanking is a lot scarier than the actual act. And I do tell my kids quite frequently I'm gonna beat their behind, and what do you know? Perfect angels!!
And what happens when you get caught is priceless, well not really, it could cost you a grand or a year in jail. Just curious, where do your kids go during this time?
The kicker for me is: this woman has no kids, and I know you are not surprised that she is a Democrat!
Only in California, no way would this fly in the great state of Texas. Our people would lasso you up and drag you by your toenails for even suggesting something so dumb! Further proof they just need one really good earthquake to separate them from the mainland.

5 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Wow, no bombardment here... from this Democratic Nevadian less than one year from living in California. Yikes... Can't wait to see your lasso tricks next time I visit Texas.

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Wow, and to show you how much I love my current state, I can't even spell Nevadan correctly. hahaha!

Narci D said...

So true, Amy! I barely ever tan Jack's hide, but all I have to do is ask if I need to bring the Spatula out--instant angel! I guess, since Jodi's moving to CA, we won't wish for ill will on the residents, but maybe just a little sense! ;)

Unknown said...

Now, now - don't they still paddle kids in some Texas schools? Now that is crazy to me...

Anonymous said...

This is Traci on fire----> California is attempting to make this new law a FELONY! Just what every kid needs-their parents get popped for a swat on the behind and then they are sent off to jail for a week, court cost, community service and/or fines...just add to the parents stress, loss of work days, find appropriate child care etc. Now-I am sure that would never add to the parents normal frusration at parenthood-but rather help them out?! Lets find real problems with parenting-like shaken baby syndrome, REAL child abuse, internet pornography, I could go on all day! That lady is off her rocker-left the reservation-FIND A REAL ISSUE. Parenting is difficult enough and unlike all other goverment mandations-there is NOT a clear cut manual.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.