Well, north of here anyway. Instead of relaxing and enjoying these last few days of school break, I decided to take a quick trip to the Dallas area. My grandparents are on an extended visit from North Carolina, and since it's been 2 years since I have seen them, and they are so close, we threw some stuff in a bag and drove that stretch of 45 that I have avoided like the plague!
Kathryn was left behind with Granny, better for everyone. The rest of us girls made the rounds.
We had some nice visits with Grandma and Grandpa. It was great to share some memories and tell them about our crazy, daily lives. Grandpa even told me that he didn't think I would be as good as a mother as I am. That would be a compliment, and one I am very happy to receive! I'm sure he was referring to all the times I slept til the afternoon and did absolutely nothing when I was a teenager visiting them. I don't think anyone had much hope for me then!
The girls also got to see some of their old friends while we were there. Abby had a sleepover with Zoe, Rachel and Emily where they went to Starbucks, watched movies, and apparently giggled until about 2am.
Kathryn was left behind with Granny, better for everyone. The rest of us girls made the rounds.
We had some nice visits with Grandma and Grandpa. It was great to share some memories and tell them about our crazy, daily lives. Grandpa even told me that he didn't think I would be as good as a mother as I am. That would be a compliment, and one I am very happy to receive! I'm sure he was referring to all the times I slept til the afternoon and did absolutely nothing when I was a teenager visiting them. I don't think anyone had much hope for me then!
The drive home was terrible and I am looking for a lawyer to take my case against McDonalds for emotional distress, mine and Emma's. Those fools forgot the Happy Meal toy, and I got to hear about it for way too long!
All in all, we had a nice, quick visit and are so glad we went. According to my kids, I get brownie points for being the cool mom who drove over 500 miles for sleepovers, yippee, another feather in my oh so fabulous cap!


2 comments:
Ok, it's bad enough that you didn't stay with me--Now, Jack & I are omitted from your trip? You better watch yourself or I am going to give the guest bedroom ownership back to my Mother-in-law! ;)
Sorry Narci!! Yes we did get to see Jack and Narci on the trip, and they looked great, and we had a fabulous time!! Please don't take my room away, you know you don't want to.
Post a Comment