Okay what got me started is Kathryn was missing for about 10 minutes this morning. It was nice and quiet, I knew something was wrong! It's 8:30am and my daughter has locked herself in the pantry. We put a lock on the door so that I could keep her out, but we have a Houdini in the making here, so it was really a waste of time! But the little genius decided to twist the switch and close the door. Instead of screaming out in terror that she is locked in (like I would), she decided to climb up a shelf and grab the Cheetos.
I don't know what made me think to look in the pantry (well, Emma needed breakfast) but you can imagine my suprise to open the door and find little K on the floor stuffing her face just as fast as she could. Thinking to myself, that this stuff only happens to me, I ran to get the wipes and the camera!!
After snapping a few pics, I turn to grab a wipe. She runs away with supersonic Dash speed to the couch, managing to drag her hands along the wall as she does. And yes the couch is cloth! So there are handprints on the wall and on the couch, and I really just want to know why? What is that stuff?
And it leads me to start thinking why do I even buy Cheetos? They really aren't that good. I miss my Market Street in McKinney where I could buy the all natural WHITE Cheetoes. Good for you and your mom's couch. But I haven't found those here yet!
I read the package to see if there is any clue to solving the mystery. I am not a label reader, I don't understand the calories and saturated fat, etc. and am probably a saner person because of it. But nowhere does it say "staining orange powder" in the ingredients. It does however let you know that 29 cheetos is the ideal serving. Really, who can eat that without throwing up? (Another stain altogether!) And it gives you activities for what else you can do with 29 cheetoes, is it as long as your arm? Are you kidding me?? So we're bored because the weather is still crappy, let's try it out!!
Kathryn- 6 Cheetos
Emma- 8 Cheetos
Me- 12 Cheetos
More than you ever wanted to know about the Parker girls!!
But my favorite thing on the bag is in bold, capital letters. CONTAINS MILK INGREDIENTS. There you go, must be good for you, I feel so much better now!
But still, what is that orange stuff? The world may never know...


5 comments:
You are crazy. You need to go somewhere - FAST!!!
You MUST be bored!! By the way,they do sell the white cheddar Cheetos at Kroger in the organic section!
Have you all tried the Jalapeno Cheddar Archer Farms chips from Target? You can eat more than the recommended serving and without the mess. OH, and they sell the natural cheetos in the NATURAL section, slightly near the vegetables...haha-
Oh my gosh Amy...you are SUCH the teacher! That is EXACTLY the activity I do all the time with my kiddos! In the fall you can use die cuts and post how many pumpkins or apple diecuts tall are you? And things like that...GREAT predictability exercise for Emma and counting for Kathryn too! On the cheese note, it FREAKS Julia out when she is covered in the cheese on her fingers...and I never knew of White Cheddar Cheetos, I will have to find them. However, that is kind of like always ordering a clear colored snocone...it takes out half of the fun! hahahahaha!
You know cheetos are not on my regular grocery list, but they are a guilty pleasure. We always buy them on vacation. One time, we accidentaly got some special "Star Wars" promotional cheetos that turned BLACK when they got wet. Black all over your hands and mouth. It was disgusting. I don't know what marketing genius came up with that one.
Post a Comment