Today we met up with the MOMS Club that we joined here and took a trip to the zoo. I joined 2 months ago, but this was our first activity, yes very un-Amy like. Luckily Sarah, Ashton, and Reese went too so that us chicks had someone to talk to!
It was kinda cool to take the girls to the zoo that I went to while growing up. It has changed a bunch!! The cheetahs are no longer by the giraffes, which makes perfect sense. I always thought that was a mean joke to play on the animals. One is staring at it's dinner all day long, and the other is wondering if and when it's getting eaten! A lot of the exhibits have definitely changed for the better! And they had the cutest little baby elephant, just born in October. I am sure Sarah has some pics of it because she had her super, fantastic, mega camera, but he was adorable!
Kathryn was THRILLED to see the lions and the tigers. Emma, of course, loved the giraffes. At the children's section they had fun playing around and brushing the goats. We took a ride on the merry-go-round where Kathryn once again proved to me that letting my children watch tv is not a bad thing. She sat on the bear and looked over at the animal next to us. "Look Mama, capybara." Yes my two year old recognized a capybara, which I bet 85% of grown Americans would not. Diego is a good thing!!
And just a little tidbit to throw out there to my fellow mommas who have joined me and my children on many an outing. Today I was prepared!! I packed a HEALTHY lunch for my girls which included apples, carrots, yogurt, and cheese. I did not bring my typical prepackaged junk and did not have to run to the concession line when it was time to eat! It's only taken me 11 1/2 years and 4 kids, but I think I am figuring this mom stuff out!


1 comment:
Looks like fun! Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment