Sunday, January 14, 2007

Did You Miss Me?

Did you miss me??
I am home from my girls' weekend in Galveston. We had a blast!! I will post details and photos tomorrow because I am just too tired to deal with the camera tonight.
Steven and the little ones had a great weekend while I was gone. They had fun, he got stuff done. ALL the laundry, all the dishes. The house was pretty clean by our standards. And when I walked in he had a smile on his face while watching the game and folding clothes. And Emma was happily engrossed in SpongeBob and one of her new toys from Christmas , looked up for a second to say hello. Kathryn was napping. I felt contentment in the house as soon as I walked in. Did you guys even miss me??
No walls were colored on. No dog food was eaten. All the toilet paper was still on the rolls. How come I can't do that? Why does it seem so easy to be the dad?
I am never able to get all the laundry and dishes done. Am I really that much of a stress ball that I can't even get through the daily chores without losing it? Yes, I am. And they always feel it and feed off of it. They always want something as soon as I start a project. They need me to play Barbies or put in a movie. They need a snack, juice, milk, candy... We argue about what snack(NO CANDY) to eat. I have to go outside and play, I have to pick up the mountain of legos just dumped and ignored, I have to stop and breathe.
I know that this weekend is the best thing that I could have done for me and my family. To have time to cut loose and be with friends and be a WOMAN is so rejuvenating and empowering. I seriously feel I can take on the world, my goal is to project calmness in this house. We'll see how long that lasts, but for now it's a great feeling.
I tood a nap when I got home, I was tired. And I got to sleep a long time. I heard the kids and Steven doing their things. Hello, did you miss me?? And then the girls snuck in and crawled into bed with me, and Kathryn gave me the longest, sweetest hug I think I've ever had, and Emma held my hand, and we laid there peacefully. Well for about a minute, but it was a great minute. And then I got to cuddle with my man for a bit on the couch and watch the game. The big girls got home from Andy's and gave sweet hugs and kisses.
And then it starts, life, kids taking pillows off the couch, throwing them on the floor, dirty diapers, Kanga chasing, snack wanting, cleaning lasagna off the windowsill...
But that's okay because I know that they missed me and I missed them, and the fabulous, crazy life we have!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

post some photos so I can copy them onto my blog...

Narci D said...

me too!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.