I love poker. I like to think I'm pretty good at it. I totally have the "oh what is a full house" stupid look on my face, and then like to take your money because I'm holding a straight flush. There was a bit of poker face involved today. We met with our new playgroup and had a great time at the hostess' house. It's when we went to lunch after that the acting began.
I'm still new to these ladies, and they are new to me. So when my children started to misbehave, I just smiled and used that calm tone of voice. You know the one I never really use with the girls. But until these relationships form, and these ladies get to know the real me, I have to portray the perfect mom. I'm a good actress!
When we got home, it was time for Kathryn's nap. She has been trying to give that up for a while, but naptime is something I don't budge on. Now she is two, and it is inevitable that with a two year old, sometimes poop is involved. So if you don't want to hear about my "crappy" experience, you should stop reading now.
At naptime and bedtime, Kathryn likes to tell us she has a poopy. She never does, it's just a diversionary tactic, her hope that we will forget that we are heading to her bed. I'm gathering her bear and blanket and she looks at me and says "poopy". Okay sweetie, let's change your diaper, it's just wet. Fresh diaper, heading up the stairs and on the staircase she says poopy again. No, no sweetie, it's time for nap.
I go down to check emails and take my scrabble turn with Shana, and she yells poopy. Kathryn, naptime honey, I'll see you later. This is what she does everyday,and I don't budge because I know that I am holding 2 aces right now. A couple more calls down, and I'm still holding. Finally silence. I go up to check on her, my sleeping angel. And at the top of the staircase the smell hits me. I lost, the girl definitely had a full house! Only now all the cards were on the table, and the carpet, and the lamp, and bear and blanket, and all over her hands!! For the first time, she was not bluffing!
Oh well, guess she's got my number, from now on, I'm folding every time!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


4 comments:
OH NO...Not sweet little Kathryn! That is really shitty...literally. What a wonderful start to your week. Happy Monday! Hope your afternoon is better!!
Oh, amy! Sounds like a fun-filled afternoon. I would have done the same thing!
That's NICE! Just ONE more reason not to have any more kiddos in the Wilson house! UGHH. . . i feel for you! Changing a crappy BABY diaper like i have to over here is ONE thing, but at least it is ALL IN THE DIAPER!! Thanks for sharing!
Welcome to the Crap Club! One that I am thankfully out of now! I felt like I had to scrub for days when Moya did that! I used lemon juice on her hands. Ugh, I hate that smell!!!
Post a Comment