Sunday, January 28, 2007

Retail Therapy

I should have known. The quickest way to get the girls to be nice to each other is to take them shopping. Whenever Steven and I are fighting, I always feel much nicer after spending some money! Alli and Abby were so good together today! I heard so many," Wow that's cute!", "hey that would look good on you!", and Alli helped Abby pick some things out, because she is the fashion queen! And I didn't ask for them to be nice, they did it all on their own.
Believe it or not, but it's the first weekend where I have had the girls so that they could actually spend their Christmas money and gift cards. So today it was a shopping extravaganza! First off we had to drive all the way to Champions to spend those Gap cards. Because Willowbrook mall no longer has a Gap. Have you ever heard of a mall without a Gap? I think that is the strangest thing, but the Gap is out and Hollister is coming soon. Alli is very excited!
Then Toys R Us for new games for their game boys and Kathryn picked out some new Little People toys. The sound in my house right now: silence, and I love it!
Next the mall. Can I just say I probably have one of the most patient husbands in the world. To go to the mall with 5 females, on a weekend, he must be a saint. So first stop was Abercrombie for Alli. I have a few problems with this store: music too loud, salesgirls too skinny, and everything too expensive. I mean a hundred bucks for 3 shirts, are you kidding me? But only the best for my girl. I did tell Alli that as soon as she is old enough to work, that's the store she needs to apply at, she'll fit right in, and the discount will be nice!
We went to Claire's next, which was quite a happening. Trying to help three girls all find perfect accessories, I had a bit of earring overload in there. But this was Emma's very first gift card(that she knew about), and she was SOOO EXCITED to spend it! She has informed me that she would like to start collecting gift cards. Now what a grand idea, I think I would like a gift card collection too!!
Then Limited Too, expensive as well. This is the time where boys would be nice. Khakis and jeans, and a few different shirts. I could probably afford to send sons to college, not so sure about the daughters. But at least it wasn't our money today. I rather enjoyed watching the girls pick out their stuff. Since I wasn't buying it, I tried not to have too much of an opinion, although I did veto a few things. It always makes me so mad when I buy them something and they don't wear it. Funny the difference in their shopping when they actually have to pay for it. We hit Justice on the way home.
During all this Steven managed to snag some ball caps and new sunglasses. Me, and this will come as a shocker to you, nothing!! I'm feeling a little blue, all I got was a cookie at the food court. Maybe I should go pick a fight with Steven...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am exhausted just reading your shopping extravaganza! I hate malls because it always seems so crazy, too many stores, too many decisions, too many people, too much chaos, so i gotta hand it to you for tackling it all in one day! And i cannot imagine Brad with me and 4 girls.....it makes me dizzy to even think about!!! But what a nice day for your girls! Way to go Amy!

Anonymous said...

We do not fight near enough to equal your level of shopping.............Do we??? Maybe I should turn the TV down more often when your talking.

Narci D said...

So funny--there's nothing better than a little retail therapy to inspire (or force) sisterly love! Sounds like fun!

Narci D said...

So funny--there's nothing better than a little retail therapy to inspire (or force) sisterly love! Sounds like fun!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.