Thursday, February 1, 2007

Yum-O!

I am by no means a chef. My husband tells me I am a good cook, but he kinda has to if he wants to continue to be fed. The girls rarely complain about dinner, but that's because they have a mom who doesn't feed them veggies, therefore nothing to complain about. I would love to be a great cook! One day when I have the time, it actually looks like fun, and God knows I have the kitchen for it.
I like watching Rachel Ray (in small doses), but I much prefer her magazine. So I dusted off an old copy this weekend looking for new dinner ideas. I think she has a great thing going with her 30 minute meals, right up my alley. But I still prefer quicker than that and less dishes than she uses. I don't have the prep staff behind the scenes to do my dirty work. Anyway,I found her Ham and Cheese Cannelloni. Yum-O!
Perfect for our family, no veggies and lots of cheese and cream. Everyone was happy! The only bad thing that it was so rich! There is a "light" version, but we don't do that here. No, my arteries are thanking me for every bit of fat I put in that dish!
It did require more than the one pot or one casserole rule I usually implement while cooking. Funny, as easy as I try to make dinner, the crock pot has been sitting in the cabinet for 12 years now. Maybe I should find some recipes for that!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really yummy! Good for you! RR is super and has super easy recipes i love too!! I would share some with you, but that would mean you have to buy some veggies! Would you prefer the veggies cooked or in raw form??

Anonymous said...

i have this great ham, cheese and potato casserole recipe i could chare with you one day if you want!!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.