Sunday, February 4, 2007

Now What?

Well the Super Bowl has come and gone, and you all know that I am THRILLED with the result! My boy Peyton did his thing!!
We went to my neighbor Melissa's house to watch the big game. We hung out with some friends on the street and had a great time. Steven made our traditional wings and Emma helped by mixing the baste. It was really cute to watch them, some special father/daughter bonding there! Melissa made her annual football cake. But I don't think the "field goal" is usually there!
Since the Super Bowl was is Miami, Steven decided to channel his inner Ricky Williams, of course there is a key ingredient missing from his getup. No jersey for me, but not for lack of trying. I had the crazy idea this morning to go to the mall and find a Manning jersey, as if they would be overstocked at every sports store. Obviously it was a no go, so instead of wearing one of my other jerseys (much to the disappointment of the girls), I opted to show my team spirit in Colts' blue and white.
Who needs boys? All the girls were dressed in their football gear and looked adorable. I'm kinda sad because the 49ers jersey will have to be retired after this year. All four of them have worn it. Guess I'll just have to put it on a teddy bear when the Niners finally make it back to the big game.
So it is now that time of year when we really don't know what to do. Football is over, and September seems like a long way off. But we're already excited about the next football season. Brett Farve is coming back and wants Randy Moss, what's that all about? And will it finally be the Texans' year? After all, they are one of the few teams that beat the Super Bowl champs. I'm not holding my breath on that one!
But the boredom won't last for long. We don't do hockey and "thug"etball here. Thankfully baseball is right around the corner, and I'll get to watch some more of my favorite boys, Craig Biggio and Lance Berkman. Go 'Stros!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Home opener is April 2nd vs. the Pirates. If we go, Biggio better be on the bench enjoying a great seat for the game.

Anonymous said...

biggio???? god i wish that old sack of $hit would shit hang the cleats up. we are the only team in the league that doesn't give rookies a chance until they are 27 or 28 and it's all so we have have that slow defensive, .260 batting average selfish man in the lineup.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.