Well the sickness has finally come to our household. We have been doing so good, everyone around us has been dropping like flies, but we have remained our usual healthy bunch. Remember I attribute our good health to the vast amounts of preservatives we consume at McDonalds. But today Emma and Kathryn have fever, runny noses, and yucky coughs.
So away to the medicine cabinet I go, only to realize most of the medicine is expired. I find a bottle of Tylenol Cough and Cold, and Emma is front and center. The girl has loved Tylenol since she was a baby. I have never seen a baby get so excited when that little syringe came her way. I've always been a little worried, if she got addicted to Tylenol at such an early age, what does that say for drug addiction in the future? As usual she sucked it right down and has been bothering me nonstop for her next dose.
Kathryn is a completely different story. It has always required two, sometimes three adults and a good amount of brute force to get anything down her. Today was no exception. So after she spit that nasty Cherry medicine all over my bathroom floor, a trip to CVS was is order. To find something easy and fun to administer. I spent 15 minutes in the aisle trying to find the perfect drug for her. Chewables, meltaways, dissolvable strips, BINGO! What could be easier than dissolvable strips, put them on her tongue and it's done!
It required two adults and a good amount of brute force. But I did somehow get her to believe the fever chewable was a Sweet Tart, not counting on it working the next dose though.
I think we are in for a nice, long night of hacking, sneezing, and plenty of nose wiping. The tissues are at the ready and the hair has been pulled back in hopes of just having to wash faces in the morning. Should be fun!
And if anyone can help with medicating Kathryn at 8, 12, and 4 tomorrow let me know. I'm not so good with the brute force!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


3 comments:
I'm sorry the girls are sick...I know about Kathryn's "love" of medicine. She and I had a "moment" a year or so ago. She is strong!Hang tough Amy Love you...Granny
a shot of whiskey always does the trick. if it doesn't make them feel better at least it will put them down for a little bit!
Post a Comment