These were the words out of her mouth as soon as I picked her up from school. Tonight at Emma's preschool was Mom's Night.
Whenever I pick Emma up from school, I always ask about her day and what she did. The usual answer is fine, and we played on the playground. That's all I get. She never elaborates on what she does, or even if she is having fun. So tonight was the perfect opportunity to see what my little munchkin is up to.
We started the night off in her classroom where we got to play at the various centers. She showed me everything from the reading loft to the listening station. We did lots of activities together like a counting game, drawing, and making fabulous earrings. She always wants to know why my ears aren't pierced so this was perfect for me and her to do!! And we had snack time, strawberry shortcake, YUM!
After learning, it was time for music class. We had to sing all sorts of silly songs. I was really surprised at how into the songs and movements Emma was. Because she never sings these songs at home. But she knew every word!Then on to Enrichment where we played a silly game and went through an obstacle course. Story time was next. Last was chapel.
Once again Emma stunned me with her knowledge in chapel. I have always been curious about what they do during this time. At her old school she always said that chapel was boring. But at this school, she is always concerned that we are late and will miss it. She has lots of questions about God and Jesus, and I'm happy that she wants to know so much. Not quite happy enough to wake up on Sundays and go to church though.
When Moms Night was over, we weren't quite ready to go home. It's really rare that I get one on one time with anyone besides Kathryn, so tonight was a special time for me and Emma. So special that even though we had strawberry shortcake at school, we just had to go to Cold Stone!!
We had a great time tonight, just the two of us. And I am so excited to know about all the things she is learning and all the great fun she is having at school. Even though we didn't get to do her most favorite thing of all, the playground!!


4 comments:
What a fun night for you and Emma. Sorry you had to celebrate your 32nd birthday without us...at least you are prettier than your car this time around.
I love to have Leah and Mom time. I am sure you enjoyed it.
I love her illustration of you..."colorful Mommy." :) And that self portrait is GREAT! (the top pic by her real photo) That nose is super at her age. Really... usually it is just flat with no dimension...Glad you love school Emma... that is a blessing in itself!
Oh...hello. The photo is not a self portrait, but of YOU. ha! Regardless, too cute.
Post a Comment