For being a native Texan, and living my whole life in this great state of ours, you would think I would appreciate Rodeo Day, Go Texan Day, Cowboy Day, Bring Your Horse to School Day... But I don't. Western is a hemisphere and not a fashion choice in this house. I don't like boots, hats, big cowboy belts, plaid shirts, dusters, or those tight Rocky Mountains. I like a wide variety of music, but not country, hate the twang, the sad stories, it just depresses me. I'm sure there are happy songs out there, but every time I have attempted the C+W station on the dial, I've wanted to cry, so I'm done trying. But the girls all love it, and something tells me that Abby is definitely gonna be a country gal!
On these fabulous mornings I am usually the mom saying "oh crap" what are you going to wear to look like a cowgirl? Far be it for me to actually think ahead. And you think I would get used to it, seeing I've had probably at least 14 of these shindigs, and Kathryn hasn't even started yet. The outfit on Emma has been used for 4 of these mornings, minus the hat. That would be Abby's beach sunhat, close enough. I refuse to be one of those moms that runs to the store to buy an outfit because it is "Wear a yellow-striped shirt with pink Bermuda shorts and Timberland hiking boots to school day". It's hard enough getting them up and dressed in normal clothes, and I really don't want to add to my laundry piles. So I pull it together and make it work with what we have. Sometimes it's good enough, sometimes it isn't.
I have to say that I do actually love this outfit, it's just Western enough. And I'll even love it on Kathryn in two years! Let's hope I remember we have it the night before.


4 comments:
What a darn cute cowgirl she is!
Darn cute!
Yeehaw, Emma!
You may protest, but you did love those cowboy boots at Nordstrom!
Post a Comment