Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Whipped Cream and Cherries

What's Valentines Day without them?
For us it means our annual Valentines dinner at IHOP. It started a few years ago when we tried to take the family out for a meal. Having been employed in the restaurant business for a vast majority of my working days, I should have known better. But if all the other wives out there weren't cooking, I didn't think I should be either. So we tried to find a place to eat, and everything was packed. Even Chili's was on an hour and a half wait. But next door at IHOP, not a car in the parking lot. So a tradition was born. Every year we load up the girls and head on over for breakfast for dinner.

Kathryn experienced her first smiley face pancake. See, the aforementioned whipped cream and cherries. The usual silver five and scrambled eggs, nice and clean, was not gonna fly this time. No she wanted what her big sisters were having! And I guess I forgive her for this morning's accident. I won't lie, I love IHOP. I think their hash browns are the best. And a meal with no complaining, because everyone loves breakfast, is the best Valentine the girls could give me. That and the bonus that it was kids eat free night.

See, I'm really not as high maintenance as you all think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! Looks like we're the only house that didnt have pancakes for either breakfast OR dinner!! I'll have to work on that next year!! Nice IHOP tradition Amy!!

Narci D said...

Yum--now you have me in the mood for some IHOP! Looks like you guys had fun!

JKMN said...

That is really the best idea I have heard of in a long time!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.