Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The "Bear" Necessities

We have a few around here. And they are all falling apart. We'll start with the most appropriate, Bear. Bear is probably the most important item in this whole house, well maybe second to the TiVo. If Bear is missing, or dirty, we have MAJOR problems! We go nowhere without Bear. He is required at all meals, goes on all outings in the car, and is the only way a certain two-year old will sleep. Bear is so important, that unbeknownst to said two-year old, there is SpareBear. He stands in when the star is missing or in the wash. This is how I found Bear in the morning.

Normally I would whisk him away and replace him, but SpareBear was nowhere to be found!! Kathryn has made such a big deal about Bear's boo boo, that even if SpareBear was easily located, she would not be so easily fooled. She has rather enjoying unstuffing and restuffing her best friend today. Kind of sadistic when you think about it.


Finally after hours of searching, SpareBear was located. Now, how to do the switcheroo? A window of opportunity arrived and when I presented Kathryn with her"SpareBear" that had been nicely sewed up by Mommy (hilarious because I don't even own a needle and thread), you would have thought that I am the most fabulous person in the whole universe! Now the really fun thing will be how to do the switcheroo again when we have to take Bear back to the Workshop so we can have him stitched up yet again. Yes, this is not the first time this has happened, it's just the first time she's caught on.


Our other bare necessities quickly going down the drain:

The IceMaker: I cannot get through a day without eating cup after cup of crushed ice. It is my crack, and I am suffering serious withdrawal here. A trip to Sonic may be in order to purchase a bag of their wonderful ice. But really it's not the same.

The Husband: With him gone, I have had to bathe the children. Yes I know I am spoiled for not having to do that regularly, but I am blessed with a man who does SO MUCH around here, it is way too hard to have him gone!! And taking out the trash, what a job that is! Carting all the children to all the activities, I'm thinking I would rather have a root canal. Luckily no spiders have needed to be killed, and no light bulbs have needed to be replaced.

The PC: Somehow the little devil has managed to lock the keyboard. So I can't do anything functional on the PC at all. Thank God we have a laptop, otherwise the roof would have blown off this house!

Food: There is none. I haven't been to the grocery store in God knows how long. And I am only avoiding it because of my sheer terror of shopping with Kathryn. Really I should suck it up, but I am afraid, very afraid...

My Mind: Okay I will be honest, it's just gone! The main reason for the trip to Target today, paper towels, trash bags, and the new Bratz movie. Only one made it in the cart, and why? Because Emma has her priorities straight! I have busted my butt cleaning today, before the cleaning lady comes tomorrow, yes don't get me started on that. And every time I walk into a room, I get completely distracted from the task on hand. I totally think I have adult ADD. It must be, no one could possibly be this unfocused without it being a medical condition.

So to my friends and neighbors reading this: Send food, send your husbands, send paper towels and trash bags, send me sanity, that's what I NEED most! I prefer my sanity in a plastic cup with crushed ice, Malibu and pineapple juice.

I'll be waiting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, Amy! Hearing about your crazy day is a great way to end mine.
So smart of you to have the back up bear!

JKMN said...

We always joke that when Kyle is out of town that a major appliance breaks or a kid gets sick. Of couse, your kids never get sick due to the McDonalds preservatives, so your favorite appliance had to break!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.