Whenever I went to my Grandma's house, she always had crystal containers throughout her house filled with candy. When I became an adult one of the first Christmas presents I received from her was my very own crystal candy jar. It is a present that I have always cherished and wished to have in my home when my own grandchildren come to visit me.
As a mother there are certain things that you like to think you can do on your own, trusting your children while accomplishing these small tasks. Going to the bathroom, brushing your teeth, and if you are feeling especially brave, taking a shower. It was the teeth today.
Kathryn took the opportunity of unsupervised time to climb up on the HIGH bar and open the jar to get some candy hearts. The end result is "shattering"! A memory and an heirloom lost in one quick second.
And now we can't even eat the damn hearts because they are laced with glass shards! Her bottom might become a very appropriate shade of red today!!


3 comments:
Oh Amy, I'm SO sorry to hear about that :(
Stuff happens. Sometimes it might take a while to get over, but evently you do. I know how you feel. We just moved the last of the things from my moms house and a ceramic Christmas tree that my grandmother gave me to pass on to my children was broken in the move. It is hard to take when things mean so much to you. She died last year too.
i have found when you use clear scotch tape and scratch it, it blends in with whatever you are taping. that should fix her right up!
you can thank me later...
Post a Comment