Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sweet Tooth

I love sweets. Cake, candy, cookies, ice cream, brownies, really everything but pie. Just haven't gotten into the pie thing. I will even eat a spoonful of brown sugar or a handful of sprinkles to satisfy a craving. One of my favorite sweet things is rice krispie treats. Not the premade kind in the blue box with the funny little elves. But good old fashioned, home-made rice krispie treats. Which is really funny because I have never made any myself.
I get them at Starbucks, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, little bakeries. I like them plain, covered in chocolate, it doesn't matter.
Last week, we were at the Galleria and went to Dylan's Candy Bar. Literally, I was a kid in a candy store! There have everything there, it was sugar rush overload. After browsing for quite a while to find the perfect thing to satisfy my sugar fix, I found it. The ultimate rice krispie treat.
It was really the best one I have ever had in my life! I thought that it was covered in frosting, but no that is marshmallow my friends, covered in sprinkles. I'm salivating right now...
Luckily I am blessed with good metabolism and an active toddler. However both of these things cannot last forever! But I AM NOT happy that I discovered this little treasure while I am trying to convince myself it's gym time, before bikini weather hits. I AM happy that they are in the Galleria which is not exactly an easy jaunt for me. I AM NOT happy that they have a website and will deliver these bad boys to your door. Check it out: http://thecrispery.com

Now if Cold Stone starts delivering, it's all over...

3 comments:

The Daily Stroll said...

I love Dylan's Candy Bar. I've been to the one in NYC. It is sugar overload but so much fun! I wish they had one in Dallas..wait what am I saying?..no I don't!! ;)

JKMN said...

You must bring some with you next time you come to town - unless you eat them all in the car on the way.

Anonymous said...

You know the owner of Dylan's Candy Bar is Ralph Laurens daughter....useful info, right?!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.