Monday, February 5, 2007

A Bunch of Nothing

It's really been quite an uneventful day.
I did however realize something about Emma, she might be even more strong-willed than I am. Not a good thing. Today, at the playgroup that we like, there was an incident. A little girl took a toy from Kathryn and Emma defended her sister by pushing her down, obviously not the right thing to do. Especially when we are still forming relationships, and hopefully friendships with little girls and their mommies. But it happens, and usually when it does, my child is involved. So she was told to apologize and I won't bore you with the LONG, drawn out details of what occurred. But let's just say it was a full 30 minutes of her sitting in the bathroom until she was ready to come out on her terms, not mine, and only because she was ready for lunch. But she did apologize.
I am raising a mini-me and I feel for what my mother must have gone through.
Abby came home from school wearing a purple shirt and orange socks. I asked if she had some white ones. None that are clean, she replied. We had to order pizza for dinner because I forgot to thaw out some meat. There isn't much to my job, but laundry and dinner are pretty major items. Steven has bathed the girls and is doing the dishes. Yes, I'm slacking. Wonder if I'll get fired? Not likely...
I did start the wash and went to hang up some non-dryables on the shower rod, which promptly fell and clocked me in the noggin. It's times like these when I am impressed with the superior quality of home builders. Shower rods and toilet paper holders, doesn't seem like it should be so hard...
Shana and my mother have just played words using all of their letters, therefore scoring a billion points on me. If this keeps up, I might become a sore loser.
Apparently I am feeling a little dark and cloudy right now, maybe it has something to do with my aching head. Hopefully I absorbed enough vitamin D in the Sac today, so that I can be a ray of sunshine tomorrow.

4 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Well, because it NEVER happens, I will say I just played all of MY letters/tiles against SHANA... so at least she isn't always the "total tile" player...80 points, thank you... Even if she IS the Scrabble-master and I have much to learn...

Anonymous said...

Ss your Malibu bottle empty Amy?

Narci D said...

Let's just make one thing clear--I am NOT a sore loser--Scrabble's end game "rules" are flawed.

Kimberly said...

I know exactly how you feel Amy! Just when I think I am going to beat Shana, she makes a word using ALL HER LETTERS! Did really start all this Scrabble madness?

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.