Sunday, February 24, 2008

We could never be Eskimos

Emma had her first soccer game of the season Saturday at the horrible hour of 8am. Who schedules these things?? We rolled out of bed, bundled up and headed out to the field. It was cold! How cold? I actually put on socks and tennis shoes, that should tell you all you need to know! Along with jeans, a sweatshirt, and a jacket.

Miss Emma had on three layers of clothes herself. Plenty warm enough to run around and play right?


I think she was frozen to the ground. Could you get after the ball girl?



Oh, that's a little better. And that's all we got. Poor thing stood out on the field shivering and crying and deciding that she really didn't like playing soccer all that much anymore. I mean really, would you like to be freezing your butt off when it's 50 degrees out?

Did I mention we are Texas born and raised and wimpy little princesses at that?

Well at least things warmed up later that night. In fact they got quite HAWT! How hot? Check out my sassy boots...


Stay tuned.

34 comments:

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Cleats to boots, that is some transition!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, those are sassy boots! Do tell more!

Narci D said...

At least you don't live in North Texas. We've had soccer games when it's been in the 30s and 40s. Yuck.

Katie Ryan said...

I've gotta know about the boots. Hurry and tell

Ed (zoesdad) said...

Wow. I don't think that the temperature is nearly as bad as an 8:00 am game time. Now that sucks!

Kimberly said...

Ahh...I sure do miss those days of 50 degrees being cold to me! Now, I can't wait until it is in the 50's!
Cute boots!

Brittany said...

oh oh oh... i do love the boots!

MarĂ­a said...

Ooohhh hotness!

Rachael said...

yes you gals are whimps if you think 50 is cold! snazzy boots!

The Mrs. said...

That is too early and too cold!

OHmommy said...

Where are those boots taking you? I want to know!!!

Anonymous said...

hehe. Poor thing. Maybe if she ran a bit more she wouldn't be so cold. lol

LOVIN' the boots. :) Now we need a totally un-mom, un-frumpish outfit to go with it... yeah, and pictures please. :)

krissy said...

Oh my Good Gracious, those boots are smoking! Those are hot, hot, hot!!!

You would weep puddles right now with our lovely weather we have in South Dakota! My very bff from Texas is back right now and it is snowing with freezing temps! Why or why do I live in S.D. when I despise this weather?? Well, b/c my parents are here, that about sums that up!!!

You go with your sweet arse boots! What size do you wear? Can I borrow them for a month or so? :-)

Anonymous said...

Would those be suede Fendi boots, cicra early 2000's??????


insert bad word here. ;)

Kellan said...

Cute pictures of your little sweetie playing soccor. Cute boots too!

Have a good day - Kellan

My Trendy Tykes said...

I am lovin' those sassy boots!

Linda

pb&j in a bowl said...

Love the boots!! Do tell.

The Daily Stroll said...

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!

workinthatpreppy said...

i agree about the 8:00 am start. wow that's early! love the boots..

MommyTime said...

This post is hilarious. Though living in the deep freeze of MI, where we had an entire week of temps in the pre-teens, 50 degrees sounds perfectly balmy. I knew you had to be somewhere in the South when the 24th of Feb was your first soccer game...we're getting 6" of snow tonight!

The boots? Are fab. Do tell...

Kat said...

Those are sassy boots, alright!

suchsimplepleasures said...

until the weather goes into the high 60's, i'm bundled up n layers and my husbands full length down coat...ridiculous looking, yet oh so warm!!
and...those boots...they are hot!!
xoxo
how was your weekend?

LunaNik said...

WHooo Hooooooo!!!!!!

I loves me some hooker boots!!!

You go girl!

Laski said...

Um, I don't think there is a sport (hockey, and that's a maybe) that is worth playing at 8 am on a Saturday morning in 50 degree weather. Nope. I sure don't.

HOT boots, btw!!! Woo hoo . . .

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the boots! Love em'. Hate, hate, hate soccer at 8am. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

I will definitely stay tuned to find out about more about those HOT boots. :)

Unknown said...

Hot hooker boots for sure! I bet the men just loved them :)

Amy said...

50 degrees is a heat wave.
HEAT WAVE I tell you.
Okay, not really.
I forgive your wimpy Texas ways. It really isn't your fault that you are acclimated to wonderful warm weather year round.

Burgh Baby said...

I find it very hard to be nice to people who complain about 50 degrees. Very hard.

Anonymous said...

Oh.. the boots.. those boots are beautiful!! LOVE THEM.

Rachel said...

Love those boots!!
It's sad what wimps we Southern & Central Texans are, isn't it :-) LOL!!

Dawn said...

We were right there with ya with cold soccer practices and games last week. Here's to a warmer week this week - HOPEFULLY! :)

ShannanB said...

Why do they put kids outside so early in the cold. Makes me glad SM plays indoor, at noon!!

Cute boots!

Stephanie said...

We had a game that same morning! Except we had to be there 45 minutes early to take pictures..are you kidding me?!?! It was 44 degrees outside and you have 100 shivvering kids waiting around to take group pictures! Ahh..the life of soccer moms! ;)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.