Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Put the Crackberry Down

Take a look:


This is what happened to a friend of mine's neighbor's house. A teenaged girl was speeding down the street going 50 through the neighborhood while TEXTING! Up through the grass and into the house. Can you imagine??

You know what I can't imagine? How often I play with my girls in our front yard.

35 comments:

Narci D said...

Dang! Hopefully, no one was hurt, and she learned a very good (and expensive) lesson.

Kimberly said...

That is so scary! I always see this stupid teenage girl speeding through our neighborhood. It drives me nuts! AND she is driving a Mercedes! I sure hope that this girl did not hurt anyone.

JEWELGIRL said...

I live near a school and I
see unreasonable speeds at
all hours of the day ,
including when kids are
coming to school. I've
heard about a few near
misses of kids, including
my daughter. Luckly we now
have snow bank padding now,
so they will not be hitting
anyones houses anytime soon.
But I am concerned about the
texting problem I see out
there!

Amy said...

that is awful!!!

Nissa said...

That is so frightening! She could have killed someone. I hear most of these teenagers text while they drive! And here I am thinking TALKING on the cellphone is dangerous while operating a motor vehicle. Terrible.

Brittany said...

Wow! That is really scary!!!

Anonymous said...

That is terrible.. thankfully no one was hurt AND that she learned a lesson..

Katie said...

OH my gosh, how SCARY!!!

Sassy said...

WOW, I am glad that I am the only one in the second phase of our neighborhood, far far in the back, away from everyone...except the deer and I am afraid the only damage they do is eating all of the landscaping....

OHmommy said...

Yikes! YIKES!!!

How many months until YOU have a teenager? How many months until she is driving?

LOL... you can bother me in 8 years about having teenagers. Mkay?

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I can't even talk to someone when I text never mind drive.Why do teenagers think they are invincible? Maybe you should put up a nice guard rail in front of your yard?

Ed (zoesdad) said...

I hadn't given it a thought until you mentioned playing in the yard. Then I got a sick feeling in my stomach. Wow.

Laski said...

UGH. I loathe texting teens! They are so dangerous. I saw an episode about a teen texter on Dr. Phil (please, no comments) and she couldn't care less about the potential damage she could do. She said she was an "expert" at texting and was safe. Yeah, right. It KILLED me!

Ty's Dad said...

Texting or even talking while driving is almost as bad as drunk driving. I think every state should have the hands free law and give out serious fines for violations. This is also why I drive a big ass SUV to protect my little one from bad drivers (which seem to grow on trees in Austin)

The Daily Stroll said...

That is very scary!!

krissy said...

If I was that girls mom I would so beat her texting ass! Crazy! I hope everyone was okay though!!!

Jules said...

Yikes! So very scary!

Anonymous said...

Not the first time I've heard of that. A car drove into the corner of a house on my street when I was a teenage. It was at night and luckily people were sleeping in the back of the house.

elliottsonthemove said...

The anonymous comment was from me but I was on crack and could not remember my password...yikes! Senility strikes early.

girlymom said...

That is so dangerous~ how scary! I can only imagine the amount of dangerous if the house wasn't brick! Wow!

Burgh Baby said...

Here's to hoping she learned her lesson. But then again, if she was driving 50 in a neighborhood while texting, but she probably isn't bright enough to learn her lesson.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

HOLY COW! I can barely hold my phone and drive at the same time. When it rings while I am driving and I am frantically looking for it through my purse, I suddenlly get jolted to my senses thinking I would NOT have seen any small child run in front of me while I was doing that. Insane. I often just let it ring when I am driving now. I can get back to them in 10 minutes, since most of my drives are too and from running the kids to an event or school and don't last longer than that anyway.
KEEP BELIEVING

LunaNik said...

texting + driving = VERY BAD THINGS

That's very, very scary!!!

pb&j in a bowl said...

I just got chills. How scary!

Dawn said...

That's terrible! Wow - things happen so fast. Guess we should resort to our backyards!

Chanin said...

That is soooo scary! I better talk to my teenage sister....I hope she doesn't do stuff like that!

suchsimplepleasures said...

holy crap!! that is so flipping scary!! thank god no one was hurt...i'm assuming that no one was hurt...even the moron who was at the wheel!!
xoxo

Tara R. said...

So glad no one was hurt... that could have been senselessly tragic. Can you imagine that girl gets her phone taken away? Mine would until she's 33!

Amy said...

That is AWFUL!!

I hope that girl gets her phone and car taken away from her... FOREVER!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh geez. That is so scary. Glad everyone is safe. Kids just don't have enough experience driving to handle the cell phone thing too. Sheesh!

Jen said...

OMG! I hope everyone was okay. That is so awful! Glad you girls were NOT in the front yard. I can't even imagine.

Kat said...

That is so scary! That is the first thing I thought of. I actually always think about that when I am playing with the boys in our front yard. So scary!

Kellan said...

That is frightening!! Really scary! Take care - Kellan

ShannanB said...

UGGGHHHH. I hope no one was hurt! Why do people now feel like they need to communicate 24/7???

Momo Fali said...

We live between two high schools...one at the bottom of our street and one at the top. People FLY down our street. My kids are only allowed to play in the back yard.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.