Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Here comes the bride

Today we have all hit the wall. It's just caught up with the girls and I. All the activities, the homework, the illnesses, all of it. And so we are vegging. I myself was in my PJs at 4pm. I picked up the girls from school in my PJs. While I have dropped them off several times in pajamas, I've never picked them up in pajamas. That's just where we're at.

I've met an awesome group of ladies through my church. Every month we get together for dinner at someone's house. Usually there is some sort of crazy theme involved. Tonight was BYOWA- Bring your own wedding album. In celebrating the month of love, we were going to share our special days. I love weddings, I love wedding stories, I love wedding pictures. I am bummed I am not going. But it's raining, we have math homework, we're not feeling all that hot, and did I mention pajamas?

And since I'm bummed that I am not taking this walk down memory lane with these awesome gals, I took the walk myself. And I scanned a few moments to share with you all, technology is so fun! And while the picture quality is not so good, you get the general idea. Plus I'm so freaking skinny, and that's really all that matters!

I've set this slideshow to the song of our first dance. Well eventually it was. The DJ screwed up. You can read about that and some other fun facts of our big day here.

And now I have to go diet, because I seriously don't even know if I could fit my thigh in that damn dress!

(Click on each picture to enlarge)

Click to play wedding
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a postcard - it's easy!

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Bride you were! I enjoyed looking at your "album" sorry you had to miss the girls night... that's a bummer! I love your header!!!

MarĂ­a said...

You looked absolutely gorgeous. Still do. :)

Anonymous said...

You looked BEAUTIFUL!! I love love love wedding pictures.. or wedding anything like you.. sorry you missed the night.. but thanks for sharing!!

Brittany said...

Oh! That was fun to see!!!! So beautiful! :)

Cynthia said...

I love looking at wedding dresses...I should post mine to:)

Yours is wonderful btw!

The Mrs. said...

Hang in there sister. I know the feeling. You were one beautiful bride and you are one beautiful mom now!!! Even in your PJs!!!!

The Mrs. said...

PS added you to the blog roll!!!

Katie said...

AAWW How gorgeous you are!!

suchsimplepleasures said...

i loved those pictures!! i was showing my hubby, too!! you looked beautiful!!! absolutely gorgeous!! i'm glad you shared those!!
big puffy heart you!!
xoxo

JKMN said...

that is SO Steven...holding the knife to your throat. lol. in a funny way, not a creepy way, that is.

Amy said...

I'm sorry you missed your theme night. I'm glad you took a walk down memory lane with us. You look beautiful, and I love that you spent the day in your PJ's!

jessica said...

i found you through jenny (stickyfeathers) blog... your photos are great, what a great idea for a get together, or even a blog post! i might need to do that!

hope you feel better.
my blog my email

Amy said...

sorry you missed your night out. i know how nice it is to get out.

your wedding photos are lovely you were a beautiful bride and still are!

thanks for sharing!

pb&j in a bowl said...

Those were some great pictures. I love looking at other's wedding pics. You had such a pretty dress.

Anonymous said...

You are still just as beautiful as you were in 1999!

ShannanB said...

That sounds like a fun group. This makes me kind of teary - eyed. My hubby and I eloped, which I WOULD NOT CHANGE, but at the same time I don't have an album or really photos from our wedding.

Narci D said...

Wedding pictures are so much fun! And, how gorgeous were you in that dress?!?

Sorry that you hit the wall. Hope you are taking it easy!

Dawn said...

Those are beautiful, Amy! I love the one of Steven and you with the knife - you both look so happy!

...and btw, there's nothing wrong with pjs at 4:00! Hang in there!

krissy said...

Oh. that was so great! I loved the knife picture! How wonderful!

Just to let you know.....I think you are just as beautiful now then you were then! You are gorgeous!!! And you are still gorgeous after kids!

Simply stunning!!!

Stephanie said...

Our DJ screwed up too! I wonder if we had the same one. He played the Father/Daughter song for my hubby and I. Ah, memories! You look beautiful though!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love meeting my fellow Houstonians!

Momo Fali said...

How fun!! I go on a girl's weekend every year and this year we're all bringing our wedding videos. I can't wait! I'm such a girl, and such a sucker for weddings.

JEWELGIRL said...

Such lovely photos. Thank
you for sharing them. I
think the dress was meant
for you, you are stunning!

OHmommy said...

That picture of you cutting the cake looks like an ad. It is so perfect it doesn't look real.

What a GREAT idea for a dinner. I am sooooooo stealing that idea. I would love LOVE love to look at the wedding pictures of my friends.

nice!

Kimberly said...

We are going through the same thing over here with the sickness. I actually took Alli to the bus stop in my pj's....at 12 in the afternoon! Today is my pj day!
And the wedding pictures are great. Alli and Abby look so cute!

Kat said...

Thank you for sharing the pics with us. I love wedding stories and pics too.
What a gorgeous couple you are. Wow! And I love the knife pic. Too funny! I think my fav is the dancing pic. Fabulous!!!

Tara R. said...

PJs at 4 p.m.! Yes! You are my hero. Your wedding gown was gorgeous and finally B-maids dresses that were actually beautiful.

Momisodes said...

Oh those were beautiful wedding pics!!! You and hubby make a lovely couple :)
Sorry you missed the night out....

Nissa said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your wonderful bridal memories! Makes me wish I'd had a bigger wedding!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Beautiful photos!!

Linda

ALF said...

I am about to cry. My husband wouldn't let us buy a wedding album - he said it was too expensive. What if I get invited to a BYOWA party?? I won't be able to go!

Jen said...

Awww. I'm so glad you decided to scan those. You two looked amazing.

The Egel Nest said...

Why do we have to "grow" with age :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Chanin said...

Beautiful pics! I love to look at pics! Also, May 8th is my Mom's birthday!

Karen MEG said...

How lovely!! Looks like a wonderful day.

Bloghoppin!

Rachel said...

Hot momma!! Y'all are such a gorgeous couple.
I'm so glad you've found an awesome group of women through church, that's so important!!!
sorry y'all missed out on your night, I totally understand. The weather here sucks and I haven't been able to meet with my girls and walk and it's a bummer!

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

wow gorgeous mama and STILL are!
love the sharing!
:o)

i am all about a PJ day until 4pm - ooooh yea! shoot i am all about a PJ day ALL day - wooo hoooo!

:o)

((hugzzz)) thanks for the compliment on my little person!
;o)

a-licious
back in da hizzzzzouse! xoxox

suchsimplepleasures said...

xoxo

Kellan said...

What a beautiful couple you two are (isn't your hubby tall dark and handsome - ?). You had a beautiful wedding and dress too - great pictures. You make a very pretty bride - like you should be in magazines - reall! Thanks for sharing your wedding with us - very nice! Have a good weekend - take care. Kellan

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a fun idea (meeting with other women with "themes). You looked great.

Our DJ was high on Vicodin and said I never gave him a list. Did we have the same DJ (we got married in H-town, too).

LunaNik said...

Gorgeous!! I totally don't want to EVER have a traditional wedding so I'll never have the white dress, etc., but I love, love, LOVE to look at other peoples wedding pics!!!

Didi said...

Beautiful pics! What a neat idea to share your wedding album with friends.

Chris & her Boys said...

Amy that was great! loved seeing you guys on your wedding day...how special. thank you:)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.