Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Making an appointment

"Mom, can I call the Tooth Fairy?"

"Why do you want to call the Tooth Fairy?"

"Because I need to make an appointment. She keeps forgetting about my sisters' teeth!"

Hmm, isn't that funny. I imagine the conversation would go a little something like this:

Hi, you've reached the Tooth Fairy, I can't come to the phone right now because I am flying all around the world to reward sweet little children everywhere for losing their teeth. If you've just lost a tooth let me know all about it so that I can come and visit you too!

Hi Tooth Fairy, it's me Emma. I haven't lost my tooth yet. But I am going to, tomorrow. And boy is it going to be great! Because I'm the only one in the whole kindergarten that hasn't lost my tooth yet and I am super upset about that. So do you know how happy I was when I went to the dentist the other day because my tooth was hurting and she said there was an infection under the cavity she already fixed so the only thing we could do now was take my tooth out? YIPPEE!!

So I'm going first thing in the morning tomorrow and I wanted to give you plenty of time to make sure you come to my house. Because I don't think you've been here in like two years and Abby and Alli have lost a lot of teeth. Did my mommy forget to tell you we moved?

I can't wait to see how much money you bring me! Some of my friends got 20 dollars! Mommy said they must not have had a night light in their room and you just pulled out the wrong bills to stick under their pillow because 20 dollars is just insane! She also said if you wanted to leave her the 130 bucks it's going to cost to yank my tooth out she wouldn't mind. She'll accept payment in cash, check, or a new pair of jeans.

Okay I'm so excited! I'll wait for you tomorrow. You are coming right? I know it's Valentines Day and everything and you couldn't come for Alli that one day on Christmas Eve because of some air traffic regulations, right? Mom said you and Santa don't work on the same night. But tomorrow, I think Cupid should be done flying around by the time you come!

I love you Tooth Fairy, I'm going to draw you a picture and leave you a piece of gum. Sugar free kind. Because I don't care if it's good for my teeth, it tastes nasty! And when I get my money, I'm going to buy more Pokemon cards. So PLEASE, do not forget about me!!!!!!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hysterical. Esp the part of leaving a new pair of jeans.. :)

pb&j in a bowl said...

That is so funny!

Unknown said...

You've got to be kidding me about the $20?!?

Sassy said...

Oh, well, the tooth fairy was at our preschool today, spreading her fairy dust on all the children, handing out toothbrushes and telling our kids how bad sugar is for them.
We came home and threw away all sugary stuff, except for Mommies stash, and tooth fairy or not, I have a loaded weapon.

Rachael said...

$20 IS just crazy!

Ed (zoesdad) said...

Man, I hope the Tooth Fairy checks her messages.

OHmommy said...

Dude, you are funny! LOL, funny!

krissy said...

How adorable?!?!

Seriously, the tooth fairy left $20?

If she does get ahold of the tooth fairy can you give me the number, because I will pull out all of my teeth for $20 a pop!!!

Dawn said...

That's cute, Amy! Print this post out for her for later - both of you will laugh about this one when she's older. :)

suchsimplepleasures said...

we used to tell our kids, if the tooth fairy forgot to come...that she made a pitstop at the bar and got drunk!! isn't that sick?! so, our children think the toothfairy is a bar slut!!

Kellan said...

How funny!!! I love the whole $20 part and the air traffic part - I so use all those same sort of excuses too!! This was a cute letter - you are so creative! Good luck at the dentist and good luck with that tooth fairy showing up. If you happen to see her - tell her that she has been slacking on the job over here at our house too!

BTW - you're pretty awesome yourself - thanks! Have a good V-Day - Kellan

ShannanB said...

Very funny!! 20 bucks is a lot. We made the mistake of giving our son $5 for his first, and now he thinks he should get it for all his teeth.

Tara R. said...

$20 is insane... "back in the day" I thought I was rich if I got 20-cents from the Tooth Fairy.

girlymom said...

WOW~ my poor children, I thought $1 was a lot, then Hubby left $2 and I thought he was setting the standard a bit high! Thanks for the chuckle, this is way too funny! Watcdh out, once one tooth is out, they all start to fall out, it's endless...how many teeth do they loose anyways, I need to start budgeting...I mean the tooth fairy needs to budget! :)

Good luck with the yanking.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Narci D said...

Good grief, Twenty Dollars? The tooth fairy is way ahead of inflation.

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Jack just lost #4 and he still received ONE dollar - the coin $1...and loves them...:) I have heard the tooth fairy pays MORE for BACK teeth - molars only - I think I heard he may have a chance to get a $2 bill for those!!! I heard she even pays $5 for the last tooth lost! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Belle always cries when she has to give her tooth to the Fairy. She has opted out a couple of times! $20?! What next an Amex Black?!?!?!

Momo Fali said...

$20!!!! Oh, heck no! You have got to be kidding! That's insanity.

Anonymous said...

LOL! And $20.00 a tooth?!?!? Talk about the wrong bill... I hope the extraction goes great and she has fun telling everyone that she's ever met that she finally lost a tooth!

Momisodes said...

ROFL! That is too funny :)

$20 ?!?!...I hope my daughter doesn't lose her teeth for a while...

Laski said...

OMG--this is hilarious! $20??? I think I got $1. Darned inflation.

Chanin said...

So cute! My daughter must be getting ripped off! I would never give her $20 for a tooth!! Yikes!

Amy said...

I love that Santa and the Tooth Fairy have to abide by air traffic regulations.

$20!!!! I'm thinking 20 cents!

Mr Lady said...

TWENTY DOLLARS?

My kids somehow got me up to $5 a tooth, without even knowing it was me, and I bleed that stinking $5 out every time.

Who gives their kids $20 for anything?!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.