Monday, February 25, 2008

Cuz we all just wanna be big rock stars

Saturday night we went to the best party I have been to in a LONG time! My awesome neighbors Charlie and Melissa hosted a rock star gala complete with caterer, DJ, and most importantly... bartender!

It was so fun to see what everyone dressed up as. There were some amazing costumes! Now Steven and I aren't really "dress-up" kinda people. So I threw on the boots, a sassy dress, a fab wig, Prada sunglasses and was hot to trot. My man found his nasty washed up rocker wig and a leather jacket. That's as good as it was gonna get! Most people were recognizable. I couldn't decide if I wanted to Katie Holmes or Posh Spice. I settled on Miss Incognito. But Charlie named me Hollywood Ho. Hey he could call me whatever, he was footing my drinks for the evening!

It was a much needed, fun night out with friends. I didn't realize how short my dress was, or for that matter, how sheer, until much later. But that was after a few cocktails and by that time, I really DID NOT care! I danced all night with everyone BUT my husband. He's as white as rice, no rhythm whatsoever, but he's great at fetching rum and cokes. Plus his wig, scared the crap out of me!

Obviously I lost my wig and boots halfway through the evening. The boots because my feet hurt and the wig... well I was shaking my booty a little too much and that sucker just slid off my head. But I was quick to the punch, feigning it was too hot and swooping the hair net off before anyone else noticed. I hope no one noticed. But then again, did I care? No, I had a few rum and cokes.

So fun, fun times with the best neighbors in the WORLD! You can't beat these people. They're always there to help with overflowing toilets, killing cockroaches, watching your kids in a pinch, cooking dinners for new mommies, sending flowers for lost loved ones, borrowing eggs, lending an ear for bitch sessions about ex-husbands, always having a glass of wine or a Vicodin when you need it, and throwing awesome parties!


40 comments:

ALF said...

Sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

Rad! You guys looked awesome...so so so much fun...I want to move to your street so bad after that. Who KNEW moms and dads could have that much fun?

Anonymous said...

WOW what awesome neighbors. Looks like you guys a great time!

elliottsonthemove said...

Love the Rock Star Party pics. Rachel D. and I went have been friends since college so it is funny to see her dressed up as the preggo bunny. She's a riot!

Katie said...

What a fun idea, looks like Y'all had a blast!!

Brittany said...

Looks like so much fun!!!
Hubby's wig is really scary!

Nissa said...

That's awesome! I loved your pics- although I had to go to Slide to really see them; that slide show was just too wild for me! :)

I think you should have officially been Posh Spice. Hollywood Ho is cute, though!

JKMN said...

UPC Rocks! You looked great, but Steven's wig was just scary!

Anonymous said...

how awesomely fun is that?! You guys looked fab!

Burgh Baby said...

OK, you are forgiven for complaining about the weather. Posting photos of you with a little rum and Coke absolutely makes up for it!

Stephanie said...

I love it!! How fun! I wish I had cool friends who would throw a Rock Party! You guys look great!!

The Daily Stroll said...

That looks like so much fun!You guys looked great! What a cool idea! I wish my neighbors now were that much fun! I need you guys, the Shepperson's, and the Killians to all move back to Rolling Rock Drive!

Kellan said...

What a fun party!! What a fun group of friends/neighbors! I'm glad you had so much fun! See you later. Kellan

LunaNik said...

Costume-y parties are the BEST!! Especially when paired with lots and lots of booze!

Looks like fun was had by all!

Great pics too!

Anonymous said...

It looks like such a GREAT time.. I am sooo jealous.. I love a good party.

And you looked HOT!!

suchsimplepleasures said...

that looks like so much fun!! my friends are so lame...or so old, not sure which!!
i'm coming with, next time!!
xoxo

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

And no one had to drive!!! Good friends close by are THE BEST!
KEEP BELIEVING

Chanin said...

That's looks like so much fun!!! Wish I had neighbors like that!!!

Carl Thaemlitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Momo Fali said...

My flipping neighbors are like Ward and June Cleaver. I wanna live in your neighborhood!!

Momisodes said...

What a blast! You're one hot mama :)

Looks like a fabulous time...great neighbors make such a difference :)

Amy said...

that sounds like a blast. i was waiting to hear more about those boots from yesterday!

Amy said...

I love adult parties. Especially adult neighborhood parties. It's the best way to bond.

Anonymous said...

Okay, aren't you creative with your little picture montage. That was cool. Love rock star parties you guys looked HOT!

OHmommy said...

you. guys. look. awesome!

Kat said...

That looks like so much fun!! Can I be your neighbor too??

Narci D said...

So funny--glad to see you having such an awesome time! you look hot!

pb&j in a bowl said...

So. . . Any houses in your neighborhood for sale? I've never had any neighbors that sounded like that much fun. Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I looks like you guys had a great time! Man, I am so moving into your neighborhood... :)

Cynthia said...

I am a dress up person, that party sounds so cool! When can I move to the hood?

Tara R. said...

Looks like too much fun... loved the slideshow! Those pictures may come in handy later.

lattemommy said...

Wow, a party! I remember parties! Can I move to your neighbourhood?

krissy said...

Oh my gosh....

I need to have a party like that! You just gave me a great idea! I loved Sandra Dee....she looked hot!

So much fun and what neat neighbors!

Carl Thaemlitz said...

Thanks! :-)

suchsimplepleasures said...

hey you!! hope you are having a great morning!!
xoxo

Rick said...

Cool slide show. I love the Paparazzi effect.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I want a neighborhood like that! The average age of our neighborhood is around 75! But what a great idea for a party! Glad you had a blast!

The Egel Nest said...

That looks like such fun...

On Saturday night we went to see Bon Jovi...and I saw some people there looking like this...except I don't think they were playing dress up :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Dreams and Designs said...

Wow... my neighbors just want to play Monopoly...

Bummer..

Anonymous said...

Now that looks fun!! Who doesn't want to be a rock star? Or an excuse to drink like one? Genius!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.