Thursday, December 6, 2007

O, Christmas Tree

I love three!! It is such a fun age, especially around the holidays. Kathryn is finally old enough to be excited about everything, from Santa to cookies to decorating the tree. Well, everything except the elf.


The girls decorated the tree the other night. It was a typical evening at our house, complete with chaos. Not that there really is proper tree trimming attire, but I had one in a leotard who had just finished gymnastics, one in PJ's, one in a dress covered with stickers, and one fresh off a horse and about as dusty and as smelly as one too!

Let me tell you my contribution this year, I put on the beads. Steven's? He put on the star. The rest was all kiddoes. Ooh, and you think the one day shoe sale at Macy's is scary, try decorating the tree with your sisters! There was scratching and clawing and crying. It was not pretty. But the tree is done, just the way they like it. I have resisted the urge to fill in the gaps, it's okay, I am fully prepared for the law of gravity to come into play based on the amount of ornaments on one side of the tree. Some of the branches have three ornaments on them, that's okay too, maybe ornaments get lonely hanging around by themselves.
I've got my countdown... In 15 years I will have the perfectly decorated, color coordinated, beautiful tree I have always wanted. For now, I'll just take the laughs and joy this one brings!
Hmm, I think this picture about sums up the holidays around here.

Well, any day really!

3 comments:

Didi said...

You are such an awesome Mom. The girls always look so happy! The tree and decorations look great!

Sassy said...

Where did K get that straight hair?
She is SO stinkin cute.

Katie said...

I agree, you're a great Mom, you know that they love the fact that they got to out the ornaments on the tree! Looks great!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.