Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Letter

Dear Blogger,

WTF?? You see when I received my banner months ago, it fit perfectly, and as you can plainly see, now it does not. Because I begin de-Christmasing my life on the 26th I only thought it fitting to de-Christmas my blog as well. But when I saw how my banner did not fit, I quickly went to put the trees back in. Which didn't fit either. So my question is, Blogger, what did you do?

As a result of my very pretty, wintry banner not fitting, I have caused myself a large amount of stress. Because when it comes to computers, I really don't know what I am doing. So even though I have tried countless different templates and attempts to resize things, it just didn't happen. And when I tried to go with your standard blog headers, I was rather uninspired.

Of course it is not a coincidence that every time I sat down to fiddle with this project, one of my girls came up to me to let me know they were "hungry" or "bored". The 1.2 million dollars of toys they got for Christmas coupled with the 20 tons of chocolate, peppermint, and cookies are apparently not doing the trick.

So I am eagerly awaiting a Blogger technician to come and fix this problem or play with my kids because I can't do both. Please hurry, the blank white space is killing me and I can't handle one more round of Dora CandyLand!

Thank you,
Amy

7 comments:

Didi said...

Girl...you crack me up! Like you, I am working on De-Christmasing my blog today too. I tried new templates, but everything looks so BIG and different, so I went back to the same ole, same ole for now. The custom headers are awesome--I give you props for getting as far as you did! :)

Didi said...

P.S.--Thanks to you, I tried Smilebox.com. I love it! Thanks!

Kimberly said...

Ok- I was just trying to "de-Christmas" my blog and now it is all screwed up! My side-bar stuff is all at the bottom of my page! What is up with blogger?!?!

Sarah said...

Your problem is exactly why I subscribe to Typepad. The typepad world is very orderly. They do everything for you for the low, low price of $8/month. Try it...you'll like it.

Narci D said...

Amy, I ran into the same exact problem today. Something is messed up with Blogger--I can't get mine much larger than yours! I'll let you know if I figure out anything!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

If you can work in html - you can click on that in your set up and change your blog header # to whatever YOU want it to be... :) I change it each month to keep my kids faces from STRETCHING out and looking strange...let me know if you want me to walk you through it!

Sassy said...

I use Photoshop and change the image size by the pizels.
Try that?

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.