Emma got to invite "her boys", Taber and Blake, since they didn't get to come to her all-girl hip hop party. Those boys were so funny, they would run up to the playroom and spy through the window on all the girls. They must have been in heaven with all those older women walking around!
We had lots of sweet treats, so many mix-ins for their hot chocolate, and a fun gift exchange. I really, REALLY wanted to do the game where you get to "steal" the presents. But then I started thinking these are a bunch of preteen girls going through who knows what kind of hormonal changes, I really didn't want any emotional drama from this group! So we just did the "left, right" story and that was so fun to watch! And it was really nice for them to just have a low-key, relaxing time to hang out with their friends.
The girls had a lot of fun, it was one of those times where I was declared "the best mom ever" and they already want to do it again next year. I think it will be a fun new tradition, as long as I remember to pick up some Baileys to slip into my mug!
![]() |
| Make a slideshow - it's easy! |



2 comments:
I keep hearing this "hot chocolate happy hour" phrase. Cute idea!
That really is a great idea!! Though the pictures look cute and I am sure you spent all day slaving over those perfect HANDMADE gingerbread cookies.....something is fundamentally WRONG with the H.C.H.H. while the kids don short sleeves and jump on the trampoline barefoot?! I mean, where are the Parkas and North Face Scull Caps???
Oh, it was 70 you say? That explains it all.
Post a Comment