Texans Thursday Football Night, baby! Our primetime match up on the NFL Network, unwatchable to millions across America who don't have the good sense to subscribe to DirecTV. But we were there!
Okay, yes I was a bad mom. I had my poor children out past midnight on a school night. But Alli and Abby haven't been able to come to a game since forever, and this was their last chance of the season! I did at least leave Kathryn with Granny for the game.
When we got to the field this is what we saw:
For the first time all season, our fifty million dollar retractable roof was OPEN!! Tax dollars at work people, it's a beautiful thing!
You know I like to help people out in a bind, so when the cheerleaders called and said one of their girls was sick and they needed me to fill in, I happily obliged. Had I known I had to wear the Hooters Girls' tights, I might have changed my mind. That's me, right there, between Alli and Emma.

What? What do you mean that's not me? Of course it is! Oh, I forgot to tell you all I got my hair colored last week. A nice, pretty brown called Spiced Maple, one of the new "holiday" colors. Can you believe they have "holiday colors" for hair? And none of you ever recognize me with makeup on anyway!
Okay, okay. Here I am with my girls:

Really, who wants to look like a Barbie doll anyway? There's nothing wrong with a little fat on the thighs, some dark circles under the eyes, and boobs that actually move when you walk.
We had a great time, the boys won, playoff hopes still alive, my fantasy football receiver scored 18 points, I survived driving in the stadium go-home traffic, a good night! We paid for our late night this morning, running around like a bunch of headless chickens with a few emotional breakdowns. But we're all good now. Especially me, I think I'm off for a nap.
TTFN!!
Ta-Ta-For Now!


4 comments:
What fun!!! You're the best Mom ever!! :)
Seriously - the skin cancer SCREAMING from those tans - is so alarming - it burns my eyes! :) Glad you have fun with your girls Amy - you make me LAUGH...
You look WAY BETTER than those cheerleaders!
Hey - they're not considered absent until what? 10am? What another fun memory you provided!
Post a Comment