Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wishes Do Come True!

This morning started at 6:30 when Emma ran into my room and yelled:

WAKE UP MOM, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!

Yes, I know, I was there, 30 more minutes...

Finally I roll out of bed and find her sitting patiently on the couch.

Can I open my presents now?
No.
What, why not? They've been there since yesterday. It's my birthday now. Can I open my presents please?
No.

Emma had a great day. Granddad and Janet came in to spend the evening with us and it was so nice to see them. Emma picked Shogun for her birthday dinner. Ah, I train my children well!

Oh, yes the customary hat picture. Shrimp tails and eggs not included.


Mmm, time for cake. Not an Amycake but an Amy Cake. Or a Pillsbury cake with some green tinted Duncan Hines frosting and the crappiest writing of Happy Birthday Emma in the recorded history of the world. But there were sprinkles and they just make everything better!

Here I imagine her saying through clinched teeth: Okay really, I don't know how many times I have to do this. On a star, in a well, on my candles. Please, I wish I can just get a hamster already!

MOM!! Can I just open my presents NOW!!!


Ooh, she loves her first charm bracelet complete with a pink guitar and "fashion diva" charms. Not from James Avery though. We still have a few years for that one. I still don't think I'm over Abby losing her 3 years ago.


Next... "What, what the heck? Mom, this is hamster food!"


At this point my sweet Abby leans over and whispers,"She's getting a hamster? What box did you wrap that in?"

God love my sweet, sweet Abby. And God please give her some common sense.

And the final gift of the evening, no other than one smokin' fine, hot pink hamster habitat!


DING, DING, DING!

Mom, I'm getting a hamster!?!

Oh yes, against my better judgement and every fiber in my being, we will be bringing one tiny, furry, cuddly, adorable rodent into the family. Because I need one more mouth to feed and one more body to clean up after.

But Emma is over the moon and I guess that's worth it. Heck she's been wishing for the dang thing for 8 months now! She goes to pick out her new best friend on Saturday.

Happy Birthday sweet Emma Bear! I'm so happy that your wish finally came true!

4 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Love the habitat - hate the smell! :) Can't wait to hear the name...love the cake because it looks like MY version of baking too! ;) And...Happy Birthday to Emma - I am a charm bracelet fan too - Julia gets one JAvery charm each birthday - and the bracelet when she turns 13 - but she may have to look at it in a display case if I think too long about what you mentioned about LOSING one?!?!?!? YIKES. You guys are great parents Amy - fun day!

Anonymous said...

SO FUNNY! We also went to a Japanese Steak House for my Mom's birthday!!

Remind me to tell you about the low point in my life when I tried CPR and a pepto bismol IV drip when Belle's hamster was on his last legs.....oh the lengths we go to sparing our children's heartbreak.

Narci D said...

Happy Birthday, Emma! Love your hamsters new cage, I mean "habitat".

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Emma, so glad your wish finally came true ;)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.