... when you have 5 billion things to do and only one day to do it in?
That's not a good feeling.
...when you walk into the mall and you can move right on past the children's play place?
That's a good feeling.
...when you see frustrated mommas standing in line for Santa with their toddlers in sweater vests and taffeta dresses and you're so happy you took care of that 3 weeks ago?
They're not feeling so happy, but you sure are!
...you see on Santa's lap, two old ladies in matching holiday sweaters who have obviously been friends for at least 50 years and they can't stop giggling?
That's a warm feeling and a hopeful one too, that you'll be able to experience that with a friend of your own!
...when you come up with the perfect gift idea for someone and you call 4 stores and go into 5 others and no one makes your idea?
That's a very frustrating feeling!
...when you have to go to the bathroom and you set your somewhat expensive sunglasses on top of the toilet paper holder so they don't fall off your head into the toilet and you can't put them in your purse because your keys might scratch them up and then you finish up and walk halfway across the mall before remembering that you left your glasses there? Then you run back and thank God they are still there and hope that Santa reads your blog because a cute eyeglass case would make a very cute stocking stuffer!
Hmm, that's a very big "hint, hint, honey" feeling!
...when you thought you had all your children's presents bought and wrapped but within the last week your three year old writes on their wish list at school, tells Santa at school, and whispers to your magic elf at home that all she really wants for Christmas is a baby jaguar even though she has 4 jaguars already? And so you brave Toys R' Us which is completely unbearable even at 9:30 in the morning to find all Diego toys GONE! And then you have sworn to yourself that you will not go to Target anymore until after Christmas, but you have to anyway because you are the room mom entrusted with the funds for the teacher's present and one of her favorite places to shop is Target so you must go buy a gift card. And then there is a cute, cuddly stuffed jaguar for 2.99, the gift your child is going to love more than anything for less than 3 bucks! And you suddenly remember why Target is the best place on earth!
Yeah, that's an awesome feeling!
...when you're walking in the mall and trying to go into a store but this rather large woman is trudging at a snail's pace and you can't get around her and then she suddenly stops right in the middle of the doorway so you walk right into her and scream out "Seriously" and then wish you were anywhere in the world but this Godforsaken mall, even at home doing the dishes?
I know that feeling, up to the dishes part.
...when you find something that you think is so perfect for someone so you buy it and then you leave the mall and walk into a freestanding store and find something that is even more perfect for that person and less expensive but then you know that you aren't going back to the mall to exchange the first purchase because you would rather pull off your toenails one by one?
That's a very "ARGH" feeling!
...when you really can't handle anymore stops but you have to make just one more and you decide as you're pulling in the parking lot that you really want to go home because you're miserable and tired and your feet and your back and your wallet hurt. But you're here so you might as well suck it up and go in and then on the display right inside the door is the most perfect gift for your husband (whom you're not supposed to be shopping for) and it is marked down from 34 bucks to 7.99!!!
That is an outstanding feeling!
...when you buy a sparkly red, somewhat low cut sweater to wear to Christmas Eve dinner but you are going to the family friendly Christmas Eve service at church beforehand and you aren't exactly sure how God feels about cleavage?
That's a nervous feeling.
...when you have been to retail hell and back but you know that you have gotten the perfect things for the precious people in your life and you can't wait to make the rounds and spend the season with friends and family because being with the people you love is what's most important in your life. Especially when you are now able to spend a lot more time with your girls who were going to be away from you for 15 days?? YIPPEE!
That's the best feeling and the best present of all!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


8 comments:
I will be blogging about a few of those feelings- and hey - always remember even if they ARE God given gifts...if you are worried about cleavage - it is NOT appropriate. HAHAHAHA :)
I just finished the "gift basket" as room parent - and only had 8 parents participate - but it still rocks...have your teacher create a wish list at Target - I did and it is GREAT! :) and EASY... :) I loved this post...
funny about the cleavage--I always throw on a cami underneath to be safe. ;)
I heart Target.
And I laughed out loud about God & cleavage. Too funny! I have definately thought about that before.
Thanks for the comment. Love your blog! I will be back.
You are too funny, Amy!
Retail hell for sure! That's why I hate to go to the mall...
Great news on more time with your girls :-)
You are so funny. I miss you...
I just told myself last night that I would not step foot in Target until at least a week after Christmas. I am not sure if I'll make it....but SERIOUSLY! That place was a wreck!
LOVE that post, thanks for the laughs!! :)
Post a Comment