Friday, December 7, 2007

Smooth Criminal

The other day I was driving by the post office and noticed there were only three cars in the parking lot. I've heard horror story after horror story about 45 minute waits in line just to get some stamps with a silly reindeer on them. Thinking this should be a breeze I swung on in to get some holiday stamps for our Christmas cards. And lo and behold, only one lady in line ahead of me.

When I walked up to the counter, I asked for 5 books. Then I started thinking, I don't really need 5 books, 4 should be fine, since it really doesn't make sense to mail Christmas cards to my neighbors I see every day.

I said to the very happy postal worker, "You know I'll just take 4 books, I can stick all my neighbors' cards in their mailboxes." Oops...

She looks up at me and says, "Are these mailboxes in front of their houses? You know that's a federal offense, right. Don't you go doing that, you'll get in big trouble."

"Oh I didn't really mean that, I'll send my kids up to the doors. Oh, wait I forgot, we're having a block party, I'll just hand them out then."

She gives me the look that says I know you are lying through your teeth missy!

So I skedaddle out quick, before they can get a picture of me on camera, because you know they like to hang pictures of criminals on the wall, and I all but admitted I was about to commit a crime. Not that I'm really scared of anyone from this particular post office, they don't exactly have it "all together". Case in point, I like a vast majority of my neighbors just received coupons in the mail yesterday that expired mid-November. Yeah they don't exactly have the brightest crayons in the box working there.

But, maybe to be on the safe side, I will mail out the cards to my neighbors. Please forgive the fact that it will be a Liberty Bell stamp, just pretend it's silver, that's festive. Or I'll just hand them out at the bus stop. I mean I really don't want to go to jail over Christmas cards!
Oh and this is the picture you are not getting:


Because the idea was brilliant, the execution was not. I'm really still new to this camera and editing business. Words like aperture and ISO and shutter speed still scare me. Every now and then I will pull something off and think," Damn, now how did I do that?" But I'm learning, by next year my card photo will be FABULOUS!!

Or they will be store bought.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, it took a minute to try to figure that out. But what a great idea!

Narci D said...

Well, it's a cute idea! And, where did you get those PJs? They are so stinking cute, and I want a pair!

JKMN said...

Love it - something different. Oh, and I put all sorts of stuff in in my neighbor's mailbox...and he's a mailman!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I love it - and why didn't you go with it...? It is so cute - I saw those pj's in some catalog - hmmm...I can't remember - Company Store? Pajama Gram? What a mystery! :)

Kimberly said...

I think it is a great picture..a very cute idea! And I love those pj's!

Didi said...

Too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Well heck- did you get the Thank You card I illegally left in your mailbox 2 months ago?

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.