I was so super busy today with the two parties and being room mom for Emma, that one was all on me. So last night when we suspected that sweet Kathryn had pink eye I went into a bit of freak out mode.
"I have too much to do tomorrow, I cannot fit in a visit to the doctor's office."
To which my husband replies,"So I can't do it? What, do you need boobs to take your kid to the doctor?"
Okay, sarcastic point taken.
This morning as I was about to hop into the shower, I handed Steven the number to call for an appointment. He got this wild crazy-eyed look about him and started stuttering, But, but...
"What, do you need boobs to make an appointment?"
Sarcastic point given.

Emma's party was a lot of fun. Mrs. B loved her presents, thank goodness based on my adventures of yesterday!! She read them The Polar Express and halfway through their snack the office called to let us know that a special delivery had just arrived from the North Pole. It was a letter from Santa letting us know how busy he was and he sent each child a bell from his sleigh. The kids were in awe!! It definitely was a lot better than the last time I attended a kindergarten Christmas party...
5 years ago when my sweet Abby was in kindergarten was the year of the stomach flu. Do you remember all those people getting sick on the cruise ships? Yes that same bug was running rampant throughout our school. Poor Alli was stricken,Emma wasn't quite one and had it as well, and Steven was down for the count too. So Kathy came to save the day and watch the two girls so I could attend Abby's party. That was back in the day, when I was trying really hard to make mom friends, but it wasn't happening.
Well I got to the party and immediately started feeling nauseous. Oh no, you don't! You are fine, you will be social and you will leave here with play dates over the holidays for your daughter. About three minutes later I had to sit down. looking about as white as a ghost. About two minutes after that I had to rush past three moms to get to the bathroom. About 10 minutes later, I hear someone coming in. Umm, are you okay, do you need anything?
It was one of the moms from Abby's class. She came in, got a wet rag and wiped my forehead, went back to class to pack Abby up, came back to the bathroom to collect me and drove the two of us home. Meanwhile I am praying don't throw up in this nice lady's car, just don't throw up!
So this is why I'm not friends with any of the mothers in the 5th grade. Because women like to talk. And no matter that I moved away for 4 years, the first day back guess who the first person I ran into was? And the first thing out of her mouth was, "Wow, I haven't seen you since you got sick at the class party! You just went so pale, I think I even have a picture of you. Do you remember?"
Unfortunately, and now so does everyone else!
Well Abby (and I) had a much better go around at her party this year. The kids played Bunco and got a little insight into what it is their moms all do when they leave them once a month! It took all my willpower to not jump in there and start grabbing sixes! I mean these kids were way too nice to each other, they obviously do not get the true meaning of Bunco.
And in middle school, there are no more parties, so what's a girl to do?? Attend a mass viewing of Alvin and the Chipmunks with about 20 of her closest friends. Look at her making arrangements:
She was in the process of texting several arrangements when I suggested she actually call someone to get some details. Umm, you think I would have just run over Bambi based on the look on her face! I mean really, don't people ever talk on the phone anymore?
That being said, I'm off to read YOUR blogs now!


No comments:
Post a Comment