Abby had her Christmas program at 7pm, no big deal, except Alli's Choir performance was at 7:30! So what's a mom to do? Last time I checked my cloning machine is still on back order. And to be quite honest, I was tired, I didn't want to go anywhere last night, so three of me would have been perfect!
Years ago when we lived here before, Abby started kindergarten at this school. This is the group of moms that looked down their noses at me on a daily basis because they either thought I was too young to have children or they were jealous that I was too young to have children. So I didn't make too many friends there in the PTO. It's okay,I have pretty tough skin, it didn't bother me too much. But when we moved back, I have taken extra care to dress a little nicer, do a little something with my hair, maybe even apply a little lip gloss for all school functions. Except for last night...
I was cold and tired and wanted to be comfy. I threw on my rattiest pair of jeans and my oversized pink Aspen long sleeved T, threw that hair in a ponytail and off we went. I won't lie, I wasn't pretty! When we pulled up to the school, there were no cars in the parking lot which was so awesome because I could just walk in and grab a seat and not have to socialize or be seen. Wrong! Seems I forgot there was a parking lot in BACK of school so when I walked in it was SRO and I ran into all sorts of people I didn't want to.
The show was very cute, I didn't realize they were so many 5th graders. Abby smiled the whole time and was just beaming and proud of herself. As soon as the program was over, we raced out the door to see if we could make Alli's show. I don't know what I was worried about, I had forgotten how much the choir director likes to talk. We got there in plenty of time for the performance. Steven and Kathryn had saved us some seats. And apparently Kathryn was not happy with having to wait for the show to begin! Daddy likes to play with his phone...

Alli's show was great as well. Except for the fact that Kathryn kept yelling she was hungry, Emma kept kicking the seat in front of her, Abby and Emma kept fighting over the program, Kathryn was only content to sit on my lap, all children continued to tell me how bored they were, Kathryn singing along with several songs because she had just learned them earlier in the day, and Steven kept checking the score of the football game on his phone. These are the times when I think having one child would be so awesome.
Today was Krazy K's party at school. I'm really not quite sure where my head is at these days. Obviously I want to be festive at these Christmas parties and I have a variety of holiday tees to choose from. So as I was getting out of my truck in the parking lot at my daughter's Christian preschool in a shirt that said "Vixen" carrying her teachers' presents in gift bags splashed with "Ho Ho Ho", I chuckled. I am easily amused.
And how cute is this little stinker, coyly looking around to see who's watching because she doesn't really want to decorate her cookie, but she sure does want to eat that frosting.

Mmm, mmm, good!
Gosh, it's only Tuesday, and it's only getting worse! 'Tis the season...


4 comments:
It is just amazing how much we can pack in December. Wouldn't it be nice if we could save some of these festivities for January when we could really enjoy them? Oh, and your Vixen shirt story made me giggle, too.
YIKES, what a full day!!! Love that pic of Kathryn ~ too cute!!!
I was searching some websites for real estate shopping in Houston, Texas, and came upon your blog recently. I am really enjoying it. Thank you.
Wouldn't one kid be a whole lot easier?!?! But, it would definitely not be as fun as four!
Post a Comment