Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our Soccer Superstar

Seems we have had a lot of 8am games this season. And this week we finally were scheduled to play at 9, BUT had to be at the field at 8 for team pictures, UGH!!

And yes, it was another chilly morning, so yes Emma was quite a bear. I think the season starts too early, I think the games start too early. I remember how awesome weekends were before they were littered with my children's extracurricular activities!

After an hour of Emma's hot and cold temperament, it was finally time to play. She once again griped, but when she got out there she was in full-on soccer mode. Especially when she got to play goalie, which is her FAVORITE!! When she was on offense she made some really good plays and switching over to defense made a great save at the goal.

But what impressed me the most this week was my girl's team spirit! She was out there playing and being so encouraging to her teammates! Way to go, Allie! Hey Blake that was good! Really made my heart feel good! Because while I am a huge cheerleader and try to instill that in my children, it is usually occurring on the sidelines. And Emma took it to a whole new level, all on her own.

Here's a few shots from her day:

Click to play
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!

15 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

You don't look old enough to have a kid that big. Just sayin'.

I would DIE if I had to be somewhere at 8:00 on a Saturday morning. It's official, no soccer for Alexis!

Brittany said...

Yay! Great job girls!! :)

Anonymous said...

She looks like she had a great time!

Unknown said...

8am on Sunday is just plain wrong.

Very nice pics!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Nothing better than to see a kid totally absorbed in what they're doing. And oh boy - yeah, weekend mornings? I feel like the crazy director in a movie that's run out of budget and is behind schedule.

MarĂ­a said...

Good sportsmanship and team spirit - the fundamentals of a successful athlete!!

:)

Amy said...

I like how you did your slide show! Yes 8 am is plain ridiculous!! I was just wondering, how chilly was it, really?!? lol

krissy said...

My daughter used to play soccer but...um...she sucked so she is now in dance where she rocks!

I remember those cold, wet mornings! Ick!

Good job to your girly!!!

The Mrs. said...

I'm so impressed that she wants to be goalie! I was always too chicken!!!

Anonymous said...

What great shots.. and she is just beautiful..like her mama!! :)

pb&j in a bowl said...

So cute!! Even before 10am on a Saturday.

Amy said...

It is so rewarding to see our children emulate our positive traits. I'm glad her cheering warmed your heart on a cold early morning.

Katie said...

Way to go Emma, Goalie is definitely the hardest position!!

OHmommy said...

Ohhh... nice slide show Amy. And beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Good job but yes weekend sports should be banned forever!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.