Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fun Times, Fun Friends

Our sweet friends came down for a visit this week to hang out during Spring Break. Emma and Ben have known each other since they were two and have been best buds ever since. In fact Emma tells me at least once a week that she wants to move back to the Dallas area because that's where Ben is. No matter that her Granny and cousins are here, she wants to live by Ben!

Shana and I have become great friends as well. Even though she didn't like me too much at first. Something about me screaming at Emma as she was running across a field from me towards a street while I was pregnant (of course, I'm always pregnant) and since I was sicker than a dog and generally not a very happy pregnant person, quite bitchy in fact, her first impression of me was not all that great. But she soon came to realize that she was right I really am quite awesome and we've been good friends ever since!

We had a very low-key, relaxing time hanging out. The kids all played so well together. Maddie and Kathryn took to each other very well and spent endless hours jumping on the trampoline. The four of them had a blast playing Super Smash Brothers Melee (or something like that) on the Wii. In fact they really could have just stayed in their PJs for three days and been content to do nothing but jump and play video games while Shana and I talked and talked and watched reality TV. But we had to take them to a few places.

We did the dinosaur dig and museum at the mall. We went and saw Horton Hears a Who and had IHOP for dinner that night so they could get the "special" pancakes. And we went to Itz, which is basically Chuck E. Cheese on steroids, minus the mouse. Oh and the car wash. We drove through the car wash. Don't let anyone tell you that I do not know how to show my guests a good time!

We had a great time and miss them already!! We'll see you soon guys!

23 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Super pics - did she EAT those nutty pancakes??? BLECH! :) Shorts, I see people wearing shorts...here goes my shorts envy again... :)

Brittany said...

Ok, the pancakes are TOO cute. I want some. yum. Closest IHOP is like 2 hours away, though. They still show commercials for it though, how MEAN is that?!?!

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a fun time! Nice pictures.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast!

I want some of those pancakes!

girlymom said...

Look at all those smiles...it had to be a great time!

I think it is totally unfair of anyone to make a first impression of a pregnant person...everything changes!! :)

Unknown said...

We had such a fun time and miss you already. How nice that the kids can pretty much entertain themselves now - that leaves so much time for...reality tv? ha ha Thanks for a great time and see you SOON!

Tara R. said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all.. it's so much fun to reconnect with old friends. Pancakes for dinner? You're my kind of Mom! =)

Momisodes said...

Wow! I've never seen pancakes like that! Chuck-e on steroids??? sounds like a great time :) Car washes are always fun :) I loved all the pics. Looks like everyone had a blast!

LunaNik said...

You crack me up!

I love, Love, LOVE that you mentioned the car wash as a source of entertainment!!!

HAH!

Unknown said...

I feel that I need to defend judgemental self here. True, I did not really like you when I met you but you WERE very pregnant and living in a temporary apartment with three kids, and you do tend to yell loudly and mostly I was just SCARED of you rather than dislike you. But I have been your friend for more than FOUR years now...which far outweighs the weeks, or okay, maybe a month tops that I avoided your friendship!

OHmommy said...

I am so glad my kids don't read blogs cause they would be begging me to go to IHOP.

Geez! Nice pancakes. :)

Anonymous said...

how fun! I, too noticed some rather warm weather friendly clothing. Jealous.

Anonymous said...

Okay the "I'm always pregnant" comment killed me. lol

Anonymous said...

Those pancakes look yummy!!!! It looked like such a great time!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

So, so CUTE! Glad that you had a fun time with your friends!

Dawn said...

Glad you had a great time! Those pancakes are fun. :)

Kat said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I love the pics.
Crap. Now I want some pancakes.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! It's nice to meet up with old friends especially when the kids are close!

Didi said...

Glad y'all had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Love your TX blogger button. DO NOT move back to Dallas. I gotta have a bloggy friend for when I get back to H-town. And, umm...those pancakes? Egads. That's some sugar.

Cynthia said...

Good times!

Narci D said...

Seriously, those pancakes are crazy.

I think the volume of most mothers' voices autmoatically increases while pregnant and dealing with your presnet children. Just something I've noticed. ;)

MommyTime said...

I used to adore the carwash as a kid, so I totally think that's a legitimate way to entertain out-of-town guests. :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.