Let's just say I'm sick of sick. We spent a good portion of the day in the ER. Emma has strep throat and Kathryn has a staph infection. Alli came back from her dad's sicker than she went. Abby, knock on wood, is fit as a fiddle.
I'm exhausted. I haven't had a good night's sleep in God knows how long. I got a few hours in this morning thanks to Granny and Poppy. But that was after a long night of Emma screaming and crying and burning up the bed.
I've decided to walk around in a surgical mask with a bottle of hand sanitizer clipped to my pants. And I think I need a few healthy doses of these:


Side effect I'll take: drowsiness
Side effects I'll do without: vomiting, headaches, and fever
I've had enough of those, thank you!


23 comments:
Yikes, you guys are just getting knocked over by sickness, huh? Major ((HUGS)) girl.
It's nice the grandparents were able to give you a break today, though. Take good care sweetie!
I know what you mean. The month of February has brought strep and two flus, and now I've had something flu-like all weekend. I'm sitting here wondering now if I can get two kids up, fed, dressed, and driven to school without having to say anything to them. I'm just not up for it.
hope you are well soon!
Oh Man! That stinks! Thank goodness grandparents are near! I hope you and Abby stay well and the others get well soon!
Wow, you're just getting taken over by the plague. Hope it gets better soon!
Haha - now that's MY type of medicine!
Hope everyone gets better SOON! Sounds like you've been through it lately :(
ugh. I sympathize! hope your house is feeling well, soon!
Oh no. Hope you feel better soon. I have something on my blog for you.
Man... that sucks.. I hope everyone is starting to feel a little better..
Sending lots of sympathy. I hope everyone gets well soon.
Oh no, I hope everyone is doing better today! This cold season has really sucked the big one.
I swear this sickness is traveling by internet connection!!
I had the yummiest margarita with malibu and tequila....sounds scary I know, but it was DELISH!!
Sorry to hear that you guys are so sick! I understand completely. I am so sleep deprived myself right now! SOOOOO ready for Spring & all to be well!!
Try one of these:
Almond Joy:
1/2 oz brown creme de cacao
1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1/2 oz Malibu® coconut rum
1/4 oz cream or milk
It will make you feel better without the nasty side effects if you can limit yourself to one.
Take care!
I hope your 3 sick girls get better soon! (and don't pass it on to you two healthy girls!) Wow- it's like everyone's sick.
Big Hugs!
Man. That sounds brutal. I think a healthy swig of "spirits" are just what the doctor ordered.
Wowzer hon, you just can't get away from the flu bug!
Tell me when you are taking the shot of taquilla, I'll take one with you......just for the heck of it!
Yes, take the medicine. If it doesn't work after 4-6 minutes you made need to repeat the dose. If necessary--increase the dose until your desired level of relief has been achieved.
Sounds like the whole blogosphere is sick. We are sick over here too. Blaaahhhhh. Enough! Where the crack is spring????
Get well!
Amen to that. Surgical masks and hand sanitizers don't do much good. trust me. Well, hand sanitizers, anyway... Yucky here, too. Spread to me, too. ME! Mommy doesn't have time for sick.
I'll bring the salt and lime.
KEEP BELIEVING
cuervo? gorss, step it up sister and get you some patron!
Eeeeekkkk...I'm so afraid of strep throat! I had chronic strep as a kid and it was awful!!
Hope everyone over there is on the road to wellness soooon!!!!!
Post a Comment