So yesterday all the little children went to school. And it was glorious. Choirs of angels were singing. You would think I would have done something outrageously fun while they were gone, being as it was the first day in three weeks that all four of them were out of the house on the same day. But no, I went to my PT appointment and got a new fridge.
Now let me tell you how much fun it is to pick out a new fridge! The options out there now are amazing! So many choices... Do I go with the standard freezer above/fridge below, side by side, or one of those new snazzy models where the freezer is below. Well when you are particular about one feature, it kinda whittles down the list to choose from. And my one feature was it must make crushed ice. Ice=Crack for Amy. Must have ice.
I searched high and low for my dream fridge, the new interactive model. Have you heard about this one? Oh yeah, you stand in your kitchen staring aimlessly out the window and you say, "Fridge, what shall I make for dinner tonight?" And the fridge answers," Well you have some chicken in the freezer. Some butter, cream and Parmesan cheese in the fridge. Some lettuce that you have to use NOW. I consulted with the pantry and there are indeed noodles and croutons. So how about some chicken Alfredo and a salad? Would you like me to start defrosting the chicken now?" And you say,"Oh yes, fridge that would be lovely."
This model also has the capacity to print out a grocery list for you. It takes stock on what is low, what is expired and what is just plain gone. And since it consults with the pantry, your grocery list is made in 2.3 seconds flat.
It has an eject button for those leftovers that seem to make it to the way back and stay there for a week or three.
Ooh, one of my favorite features would be the red spotlight. It's activated when children open the doors and say "Mom where's the...?" The item is immediately bathed in a glow of red so it can't be missed. Even by husbands.
And it comes equipped not only with an ice and water dispenser. No this bad boy has a spout for juice, milk and margaritas.
Really, isn't this the dream fridge?
I just don't understand why Sears doesn't carry it. But then again they don't seem to carry the self folding clothes dryer either.
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
5 months ago


37 comments:
Wow! My pulse just quickened a bit when you described that. Ejecting the old leftovers? Dream come true!!! No matter how dilligent I try to be there is always at least one of those unidentifiable growing packages in the back of my fridge.
Oh yeah, and crushed ice is CG crack as well. lol
Amen sistah!
You got me all atwitter with that description. Now, find an engineer and some techy dude and let's get that going!!
I would be all over that.. I am not even joking when my hubby called me crazy one night while I was out shopping asking me where the eggs are? THE EGGS? Yeah, there in the linen closet. WTH?
When you find one let me know!!
it is nice to dream, don't ya think?
a new fridge? that is awesome! Then again, I get excited about rocks so what do I know?
I would *SO* buy that!!
If you ever find this dream fridge... please call me and let me know; I want one too! :)
oooooh, a margarita dispenser... excellent! I want one too!
A red light that would show even husbands where to find things? When you invent this, could you please make this light a sort of helium-based one that could float around the house, highlighting keys, belts, cell phones, pedeometers, left shoes, and battery chargers? Because I'd pay a lot for that light...
Someone please make this post come true! ;) You are too funny..love it!
Oh, how these appliances would be joyous. I would sell my kidney and a lung to buy one of those!
You should have went to starbucks and sipped some coffee for your free time!
Oh oh!! WHere can I sign up to get that dryer?!
The refrigerator sounds great, but the dryer sounds like a dream come true!
you need to go into this appliance designing as a career!! really. we moms need you!!
xoxo
I think you're on to something! Every woman I know would buy one of those.
i think you've got the next great invention. or two. patent them quick! great post.
Yes - that is the dream fridge and maybe one day it will be real and I definitely won't be able to aford it - but I will want it!!!!! It would be nice! Funny post!!
Hey - Thanks for the prayers for our baby - we appreciate it! See you soon. Kellan
You had me at crushed ice. Margartia spout is gravy after that.
KEEP BELIEVING
Self fold...I want that!
Why did it take me awhile before I realized this was a dream fridge? Why was I on my way out the door to get one? Why?
Is my life all about dreaming of the perfect fridge? I remember dreaming about more . . .well, provocative things. Oh well . . .
No no no!!
It can't be a pretend fridge. I need it to be a real fridge!
(yelling to the internet) Can SOMEONE please make that a REAL fridge!
So when will Sears be carrying the Margarita making fridge and the self folding dryer?? I need both ASAP! I love your comment about crushed ice!! I'm addicted to crushed ice as well! It drives Josh crazy I leave ours on the crushed ice feature!
Wouldn't that be great if an aspiring inventor reads your blog and decides to make one? And then sends it to you and your blog friends to review? Love it!
That's perfection. Let me know where I can get one! Wow...
No kidding! That would be a dream come true!
I think you are on to something. LOL.
Wow! If you EVER find that fridge, pass the info on to me! I'd kill for a fridge like that.
I have to say I will a bit disappointed if you don't get the one with the TV on it!
Too funny, girl! You should have been a comedian. You crack me up with every entry!
Ooohhh, I have that fridge except my has a hand that comes out and scratches my back and a leg that it sticks out to trip me when I wlak by.
Sears - huh....seriously SEARS????? I am crying Lowe's blue tears right now...sobbing actually. :)
I had a hard time getting past the margaritas. Wow. That would be like heaven. You get the patent. I'll make the Rocket Scientist invent it.
That fridge sounds a little scary. Now if it could MAKE dinner, then I'd be all over it!
Sounds like a much needed appliance to me!!!!!
Linda
Seriously, the dream fridge, the self folding clothes dryer.......with all the technological advancements you'd think it would be out there by now! :)
I'd sell a child or two for one of those... :)
I love the red light that "finds" the item for the kids/husband!
Blog Hoppin',
Balancing Hops
Post a Comment