Well obviously the last eight weeks have been a bit rough. The girls being sick, things in the house breaking, hectic schedules, etc... but me, having to do it all alone SUCKED! And I realized how much I really do depend on my husband for things, not necessarily things like doing dishes or taking out the trash, but things like having a grown-up to talk to or getting a hug when I need one. I really feel like God has tested me here and I'm hoping I passed with flying colors!
I do know through all of this there has been at least one positive, I have dropped some pounds. Nothing like a diet of good old fashioned stress! I've got several pants that are trying to fall off of me and that's great, I think. I've had lots of people comment that it looks like I've slimmed down.
Here's the deal, I'm okay with my weight, I'm okay with the way I look clothed, there's only one person that sees me naked and he's not complaining. What I want, is to stay the size I am but to firm it all up. I'm trying to portray a healthy body image for my girls. I like to eat and I'm not willing to change my diet to lose weight, I'm not forgoing a happy lifestyle to be a size four. And let's face it, no matter how many exercises I do, I'm not ever going to be a 27 again either. These hips have split four times, there's no going back!
Well, it's been fun while it's lasted. But let's be honest, I have a small fortune invested in designer denim and I really can't afford for my jeans not to fit. I imagine I'll puff up soon. Daddy is home to stay and the little Girl Scout just delivered the twelve boxes of cookies I ordered!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
5 months ago


23 comments:
This post made me smile - and take it from a girl FULL of past skeletons in this area... you are the perfect example for your four - by just living - and being happy...They will notice, emulate and remember that MUCH more than an extra 5-10 pounds... :)
LOL... one good thing about being sick. Here's hoping and praying I get sick once or twice before swimsuit season!
I too have a denim investment I don't want to loose. :)
ah... i was feeling all good and happy sitting here popping candy in my mouth... until I read about being good examples to our kids. Maybe I should forgo the candy?
it doesn't have to be that way. It's as easy at 10 minutes a day of sit ups and leg lifts. I know it sounds like torture, but it works.
Personally, I don't believe in dieting (unless, of course there's an honest to goodness medical reason); changing a lifestyle is they way to do it. That's hard and takes a thousand and one baby steps.
Don't give up.
Flu/Sickness the New South Beach diet... good for you on being a good role model for your girls. GS cookies... EVIL!
I wish we lived closer.. that is what I want to do firm up because I have WAY to many jeans to that would go to waste.
I am thinking you and I need to take a pic of our jean addition..I probably have about 15 pairs.. what about you.. Are you up for it?? :)
Those darn girl scouts!
It's awesome that you are happy in your own skin and portraying a positive body image for your girls, Amy. It's so true, after having kids(more than one!) we'll never be quite as thin as we once were.
That being said; You look fabulous!
Hugs!
You are a great role model just in the fact that you are happy with the skin you are in. That's awesome!
Um, I'll gladly take those Girl Scout cookies off your hands. Ya know, so you won't be tempted ;)
Yeah for healthy body image! I am okay with my weight too. I would just like a drop a few pounds because it makes running easier when I weight just a tad less.
You rock!
Sorry. That's "weigh" a tad less. Not "weight".
Dur
Haha - I guess if you have to find a positive about being sick - that would definitely be it!
Yeah, I saw the mini's...mmmmm. It's all so yummy to me. Ugh!! Damn the eggs!
I constantly struggle with up and downs in my weight. I am STILL trying to find a balance for the right size with exercise and eating in amounts I can live with. It sucks.
KEEP BELIEVING
I love that you're not going to change your diet to lose weight (for a positive message to your girls).
That's a fabulous message.
That said, we're all sick here now. Remember when I was bragging about how we've sailed through flu season unscathed? We'll karma...is a bitch.
But I'm hopeful to lose a few, also.
YAYHOO for unintentional weight loss!!! I have heard of this weight loss due to stress and must question whether I have ever experienced real stress as this phenomenon has never occurred.
Ummm, I ordered seventeen boxes...good god, and they are almost gone. I agree about the weight. I'm a size 8, to stay that way I walk 5 miles a day, 5 days a week and eat what I want. It's the only that works. I love to eat and will not starve to be thinner. The walking really firms it up and walking with friends make it simple!
mmmm, I love me some girl scout cookies, I ate a bunch last week. I tried to be good with healthy eating habits, but then we somehow got a bunch of Easter candy laying around that keeps calling my name.... ;)
You being comfortable with your weight is the best example you can set with your daughters. I hate that I constantly weigh myself, and think about every bite of food's calories. I'm trying to stop before it becomes a problem with Maddie understanding what I'm doing.
I can't even begin to describe how much I can relate to you being alone...it's been the same for me here, and feeling like I'm at my wits end. Thanks for sharing. So glad I'm not alone.
I think you've got the right idea. It's not about being unrealistic, but setting achievable goals. Pretty hard to do though with a box of thin mints dangling in your face!
LOL! Stress sucks though! I know your pain!
I'm happy to report that I've been dropping a pound here and there & it makes my fat butt happy!!
I sure hope things settle down for you though sweetie! I hate seeing people stressed! Try Yoga...seriously, the breathing techniques really do help!!!!
I am so proud of how well you've held it together these past few months. It's not easy to have a travelling husband, but it does teach you some important things about yourself!
Now, go eat some Thin Mints, girl! Yum!
"I'm not ever going to be a 27 again either. These hips have split four times, there's no going back!" I'm thinking after that--you deserve those cookies!
I have a friend who can sew some elastic into that denim :)
Whatever works . . .
Post a Comment