The phone rang at 8 this morning.
Good morning, ma'am, we have Alli's lab results.
I wasn't aware that Alli had any lab work out there.
Oh yes ma'am, she tested positive for strep.
Hmm, well when we were there on Wednesday, the doctor came in and said that her strep test was negative.
Oh well this is the result from the overnight test.
Well, don't you think you should have told me that on Thursday or at least Friday maybe?
Umm...
Because my daughter has been miserable for the past 6 days, I was told to just treat her fever, when obviously something much bigger was going on. She's missed 4 days of 7th grade, do you have any idea how much homework she is going to have? When if we just would have got it right the first time, I could have pumped her up with some amoxycillin and she would have been healthy, happy, and at school!
Well I'm really sorry about that ma'am. Someone should have called you.
Yeah, someone should have. Tell you what, just call her prescription in NOW. Here's the number, unfortunately I have it committed to memory.
Once again, we're sorry...
Yeah, whatever, bite me.
(Note to self. Never, ever again be okay with your pediatrician being overbooked and suggesting you see her colleague at another office. Be the assertive, loud bitch that you are and get seen by the doctor you know and love.)
At 9am I called the pharmacy to see if her prescription is ready.
Oh yes ma'am, we're still working on it.
So when will it be ready?
In about 20 minutes.
Okay, do you have all her information?
Yes, ma'am.
2 hours later... I drive to the friendly neighborhood Walgreen's to pick up her scrip.
Ma'am that's going to be 42 dollars.
Come again?
42 dollars.
Exactly why is that?
Your doctor called this in? We don't have any insurance information on Allison.
Tell me you're not serious. I called, I asked, I was told everything was set.
Do you have your insurance card?
No, do you have the information there in your little computer for the other 5 prescriptions I've picked up for various people with her same address and phone number this past week?
I need your insurance card.
I'll be back in 5 minutes.
5 minutes later...
Hi, can I help you?
Yes, I'm the disgruntled bitch from 5 minutes ago. Here's my card.
Okay let me get you in the system. Oh yay, that knocked you down to 10 dollars. Hang on while I go mix up her prescription.
What, It's not ready?
It will just take 5 minutes.
10 minutes later...
Visions of torching Walgreen's run rampant in my head.
I need to get happy. This little clip always makes me happy... And he's the only doctor I want to be seeing anytime soon!
And guess what? Apparently all the girls' prescriptions are laced with cocaine because they are all bouncing off the walls! Antibiotics in the systems, all are fever free, and all the little brats are going to school tomorrow!
Can I get a HALLELUJAH?
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
5 months ago


33 comments:
YAY FOR YOU!!
Isn't it a shame that when you say 'I QUIT!' Nobody seems to hear or care?!
How did you not explode?
I just visited Walgreens TODAY - Jack is home from school too. :( However, I am alarmed that even with scrip insurance you are paying over $30 for it?!?
Hallelujah!
You are a much more patient woman than I!
And - I love that part of Enchanted. It's when I stopped begrudging myself for taking my girls to see a girly frufru movie and started to enjoy it.
She was amazing wasn't she.
that stinks for you and your daughter. i hate when you fall through the crack.
So glad everyone's feeling better, at least you'll get a day to yourself!! Sorry you had to deal with dumbbutt doctors!!
Give me the number to your doc and Walgreens. I will go drop the F bomb for you.
Seriously? That stinks. Hope she feels better soon and is in school. :)
I would so have gone postal! And, don't get me started with Walgreens. They actually once gave me the wrong prescription. UGH. Hate them.
Oh my Gosh! I would have went off on those Walgreens people (just ask my husband!) That is ridiculous!!! Hope the kids feel better soon though!
When this happens again, please call me so I can send my three year old to go tell everyone to F off..LOL
That sucks..I give you so much credit for keeping it together.
Oh girl...send them to school and take a break!
Wow. I love days like that. GRR
You deserve that whole bottle of tequila when you put them all on the bus tomorrow!
Having our share of medical problems over the last 11 years, I can say I TOTALLY 100% RELATE! WHY OH WHY IS NOTHING SIMPLY AS EASY AS IT SHOULD BE IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION. Brian always says that if most business treated their customers the way we get treated with the administrative crap at hospitals, pharmacies, etc, they would lose all their customers. It sucks! Chin up, my dear.
KEEP BELIEVING
Laced with cocaine - HA! You've had a bad week - poor thing!! HALLELUJAH for sending them all off to school!!! Hope you have a good day tomorrow - see you soon. Kellan
OMG! I would have FREAKED on that nurse. What amazes me about the story is everyone calling you maam! That doesn't happen here!!!! Thanks for the encouragement about my tough times. xoxoxo
I learned my Walgreens lesson 2 hours before our flight was suppose to leave. The prescription that they were suppose to have filled was not started yet. Talk about stress.
Now I call at least 5 times to make sure the doc called it in, they checked their messages, the script is filled, etc.
One more reason I'm glad I've been boycotting Walgreens for about 4 months, now. Go get some rest!!! McDreamy would you the same thing.
The MED profession sucks here too.
This sounds like the dumb A**
town I live in. Hope you all
feel better soon.
Yikes...you handled that a lot better than I would have. Glad to hear the kiddos are going to school tomorrow. You must be ecstatic.
Gosh, when will all this sickness be over! I'm sick of it too. FYI, Nyquil did NOT "make me sleep like I did before I had kids," like the commercial says. Can I have some of that cocaine you're passing out over there?
Still sick?! Oh my!! I think I'd have a thing or two to say about the doctor's office AND the pharmacy. What is with people?? Hope they all get better soon! And Mommy too! :)
Now I'm really feeling jipped that I didn't get to see that movie with M. Stinking date night with daddy. *Grumble, grumble*
I hope everyone is feeling better soon!
Oh, I would have went whacko on Walgreens.....
I had to visit Walgreens 5X's in the last 2 weeks....I know your pain!!!!
I would be furious!!!! I don't understand why they didn't call you on Thursday! We have had the overnight test come back positive when the rapid-test in the office was negative, but we've always heard the very next day.
I hate idiots. I particularly hate them when they work in conjunction with one another. That really bites.
And woohoo on getting yourself back tomorrow when they're at school. :)
Wow. I would have FREAKED!!! Man! Some people are so incompetent.
Dude...you really need that drink NOW. Crack open the bottle of Cuervo and start chuggin'.
LOL...
Glad all is well over there!
Oh I would have been so pissed! Glad they are all better now!
This KILLS me, only because I feel your pain. Same story, my kid. Do people not get it, or WHAT!!!
Oh my darling. I'm so sorry.
I super duper despise Walgreen's. UGH!!!!
That sounds like the story of my life lately.
How are the girls now? Are they feeling better? I hope so!
XOXO
Anna
Post a Comment