Monday, October 1, 2007

Lord, Help Me...

It's finally happened, I caved in. Under much pressure from many people, Alli is now the proud owner of her very own cell phone. I told myself I would wait til she was 13, then gave the green light for it to be a Christmas present, but it just happened a bit sooner.


I have always been shocked at the amount of kids that are walking around with phones. But I guess when you think about it, no one gets their "own line" anymore, this is the way to go. And poor Alli was the "only one of her friends that didn't have one". Ah, my heart bled for her. Great, when you're with your friends, you're covered, use their minutes!


Now she is easily accessible to all her friends, and her mother. She will never be forgotten at an after school activity, there will be no more mix-ups about what time and what exit she is to be picked up at. She will quite possibly never surface from her bedroom again, now that she has a computer and a phone. So all those times I yell her name from downstairs, to no answer, I'll just dial her up, because I'm sure she'll never miss a call!


The beep, beep, beep of the text messaging has already found that place in my spine. And I have found myself yelling more than once already to "put the damn thing down and get on with your homework". Make no mistake, if the grades start falling and the attitude starts growing, I will be the new proud owner of one midnight blue Chocolate cell phone. Hopefully that happens soon, because I am a little ticked that her phone is ten times cooler than mine!


But yes, the groaning and moaning and complaining and whining and begging and pleading has worn me down and now she is the happiest preteen on the planet. Just don't let Emma know that under enough duress I will cave. Because then I will be leading a Daisy troop in no time.

2 comments:

The Daily Stroll said...

That is pure happiness in her smile! You are such a nice mom!! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't hate on Alli and my text message communications!! If you want me to text you, just ask! ;)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.