Friday, October 26, 2007

Designer Genes

Yesterday I came across this article, Fashion Bullies Attack-in Middle School. Being the parent of what I deem to be one very fashionable middle-schooler I was intrigued. And in reading the article I was shocked. It basically talks about how kids today are wearing designer labels such as Dolce & Gabbana, Juicy Couture, and Chanel. And about how labels such as Michael Kors, Burberry, Coach, and Armani are now targeting teens with their clothes and accessories. I don't even have any of these labels! Gap and Old Navy, baby.

Seriously? I mean some of these lines produce a piece of clothing that costs more than my WHOLE wardrobe. And that's saying a lot! Because there might be a few pairs of designer jeans in there. Which is another thing, apparently these girls are all wearing True Religion and Seven for All Mankind jeans. I'll be damned if I spend 170 bucks on a pair of jeans for Alli. I mean for that price I could get her two pairs at abercrombie! Which thankfully is still an acceptable brand, it should be, since you can't buy a t-shirt for less than 35 bucks!

So as I sat here thinking, I'll never, that's just ridiculous and so on, I glanced over at Kathryn's shirt. It says My Mom Rules. It's true, I do. But when I looked closer, the label:


Oh Lord! My three year old is in Juicy Couture! Them little preschoolers in their Gymboree best get with the program. Don't their mommas know, that is so last year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on K! Aunt Traci and her new J brand trousers will take you out for a day of fashionable fun. We can leave Mommy in front of her TiVo with some old 49ers getting their a**es handed to them!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

This topic makes me crazy because my freshman year in high school our "clique leader" counted Guess jeans of ours...and one time after Christmas I had one more pair than she did - and she went home that SCHOOL NIGHT and had a fit so she came to school the next day in a new pair where she drove over an hour from our small town to purchase. She ended up completing the next 3 years at Hockaday in Dallas where I am sure she fit in BETTER. :) ha! And this was 1986.

Sassy said...

OOOH, girl, you just made Traci proud!
Kathryn looks adorable, Amy. I cannot believe how much she has changed. WOW.

Katie said...

She is just too cute, no matter what she is wearing!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.