Wednesday, October 10, 2007

From the Mixed Up Recipe Box of...

ME!

Do you remember that book, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler?? I LOVED that book and then they made a TV movie and I so wanted to be in that movie!

There is no rhyme or reason, or for that matter organization when it comes to my kitchen. I have cookbooks in the laundry room and study, Rachael Ray magazines in the bedroom, and my recipe box is always, somewhere I can't find it. I have recipes written on receipts, index cards, envelopes. Numerous ones saved in email and those printed off are in a pile on the desk.

Now how happy was I when we made the cutest recipe binder in my MOPS meeting last week, VERY!! So now I am trying to find all the straggling bits of paper and pull my favorites from some cookbooks, type them up, print them off and put them in my fancy-schmancy binder.

I will tell you that the one common thread in everything I cook is that it's quick! I don't have time to be puttering around the kitchen. Quick and easy, and minimal amount of dishes. I am a one skillet, one casserole dish kind of girl. For that reason I do have a lot of people ask me how I manage with the four girls and their hectic schedules, so I figured every now and then I would share a few of our favorites here.

I've started with one of the girls' absolute, most favoritest dinners in the whole wide world. And that's a quote.

Warning: sometimes the link is a bit tempermental, a bit like myself. Just give it a few tries before you get frustated enough to throw your computer out the window. Trust me, take deep breaths... Now that I've said that, it should behave from here on out.

Oh and make sure your volume is up before you hit play. It totally sets the mood!

sesame beef
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play Make your own Smilebox

7 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Amy - This just made me laugh out loud...first the music...then, did you mean VERY VERY TERIYAKI??? HAHA :) That looks yummy...and I love the smilebox thing. Did you see the ad for that in Cookie or Wondertime? Also, was it kitchen week at MOPS, are you doing rooms in and out of the house? This next week is OUR kitchen week and we go home with 8 dozen different kinds of cookie dough...it is a fun cookie dough exchange... :)

Amy said...

Okay wait it's Veri Veri Teriyaki. Them dang Chinese letters, can't tell them apart! But it is GOOD stuff!

Anonymous said...

You are so crafty and cute!! I new there was a reason I loved you so much!! I am totally making that for dinner, Belle is bound to be thrilled, espcially if it came from Aunt Amy. She begs to be a part of YOUR fam every night at OUR dinner table!

The Daily Stroll said...

That made me laugh! I love the music. Very cute idea :) I will have to try this recipe! It looks very tasty!!

Didi said...

Cute idea! I'm like you...quick and easy in the kitchen!

On a personal note, thanks so much for always leaving comments. So many people tell me that they look at the blog, but I can always count on those precious few who let me know they stopped by. My Mom reads your blog sometimes and says, "I could really like that Amy!" She loves how witty and real you are! Me too! :)

Dawn said...

Yum! Cute Smartbox find! The music and colorful recipe card ALMOST makes me want to cook it! :)

Anonymous said...

That's one of my most favorite dinners.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.