Wow, can you believe it? A year ago today we moved back to H-town. Into this house that I still wasn't sure I liked. I still wasn't sure if the dark wood and the tile floors and the black granite were ever going to grow on me. Man time does fly!
And one year later, I still have a few boxes. You know me, I figure we're never moving again so I can just take my sweet time unpacking. And taking my sweet time I am! Really, I'm just talking three boxes and I think the hall would look a little empty without them now.
So today to celebrate our anniversary, we came up with big plans to totally rearrange our house. Isn't that fun? I mean since most of the rooms are already in various stages of unfinished projects, why not add to the chaos?
But here is our new grand plan. The dining room table has now been moved to the kitchen nook. Poor little Kathryn has been sitting in the corner at her mini-sized table and chair during dinner since our old table was not big enough to accommodate our party of 6. So daddy used his "monster muscles" and moved the big table in and now we can finally eat as a family!
Then what happens to the dining room? Well we could spend a lot of money and get a new set or we could totally do something off the wall. I vote for the latter. We are moving my red couch, coffee table, shelves, and piano in there. Yes, I finally get "my room" all to myself and I have to go and mess it all up! But I think it will all look awesome in the new space. I mean we aren't exactly formal dining people so it's going to be our little "coffee nook". Even though I don't drink coffee. But that's okay, I know a lot of people who do.
Then "my room" becomes... an exercise room. Here's where I earn an awesome wife award, becoming completely unselfish and doing something for the man I love. My poor husband wakes up at 4am every morning so he can go to the gym before work. Well this way he can sleep in a bit. And for me it will be so much easier to have an elliptical at home and wear whatever I want, instead of blowing mass amounts of money on "cute" gym clothes. There's a TV and Tivo in there already so I can even work out to some of my favorite shows!
Alright bring on the paint, muscle power, and chaos! I thrive on chaos! And Happy Anniversary House, we love you, black granite and all!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


6 comments:
Has it really already been a year? WOW! The new home makeover sounds great! :)
Love the spontaneity! Wish I was there to pick out paint samples with you!!
Sounds like fun, I'm with you about the exercising at home routine!! :)
Go you! When my mother-in-law stayed home with David and his brother when they were little, she said she rearranged furniture once a week. She said she had to spice it up a bit since she looked at it all day. Always thought that was cute. Have fun!
We have a home gym and LOVE IT! I love that by the time the girls wake up, I have already excercised (and sometimes I even get a shower in before they wake up). Waking up early is never fun. But working out in my own home without any interruptions is the best! Have fun rearranging everything!
Working out at home rocks! I can wear what I want and watch what I want. I am so jealous that you get a whole room devoted to the cause - I have to share with the guest room/playroom.
Post a Comment