Friday, October 5, 2007

Arts and Crafts-Daddy Style

The other night Kathryn was jumping up and down and yelling," It's Christmas time, It's Christmas time, Santa is coming!!"

It's not Christmas, honey.

Yes it IS!!

No it's not.

Yes it is, look OUTSIDE!

And there it was, all my overachieving, yard art loving, orange light hanging neighbors decorating their homes for... HALLOWEEN. And yes I LOVE every single one of you ladies, but it's a lot of pressure to live on this street!

So I look at Steven and tell him it's probably time to get the pumpkins out.

The next day, he goes outside and surveys the lay of the land, sizes up the neighbors' yards, gets distracted and starts pulling weeds out of the bed (even though he's done it EVERYDAY), then gets a wild idea for an art project with the girls.

Now when I do arts and crafts with the girls, it's things like Diva Bags, or painting rainbows and butterflies, or projects that require mass amount of glitter.

Here they are working on Daddy's creation:

And having way too much fun.


And the final creation, why Steven has decided he could call this art, he's given it a fancy name.


A Study: Suburban Gardening is HELL!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That totally cracked me up!! and I can agree with Kathryn, it seems like it should be Christmas with all the lights & decorations out ;)

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

THAT is so funny...and I agree...the lights are just too much...I mean good GRIEF...next we will have pastel lights at Easter for goodness sake! :)

Anonymous said...

If a kid ever asks you how Santa Clause can live forever, I think a good answer is that he drinks blood.

-Jack Handey

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.