Apparently absence does make the heart grow fonder. But not taking a chance, Jackson came down for the day to visit his beloved Kathryn. She needed a little reminding about who is first and foremost in her heart.
They had a nice romantic lunch on the patio overlooking the river followed by a sophisticated, cultural date at the museum. He even went shoe shopping with her, but the perfect pair was not to be found.
He wooed her with words like "We'll get married when I'm a man and you're a woman" and "I'll buy you whatever car you want".
And oh the scandal of unsupervised play in her bedroom, I'm sure they were making plans for the future and professing their undying devotion for each other.
BUT...
Maybe he should have stayed about 30 minutes longer. That way he could have witnessed how Taber was caring for his dear Kathryn, pushing her on the swing, helping her on and off the trampoline, and just making sure she was included in all of the fun and games. Yes, Jackson should have stayed around to let Taber know who Kathryn belongs to!
Hmm, perhaps a duel is in the future? I don't know who would win, the Power Ranger or the Pirate?


4 comments:
Dear Kathryn,
The likelihood of you knowing two future NFL quarterbacks is slim. Taber may be charming, but use your head. I'm charming, and I will have a nice, fat signing bonus in 18 years!
Your "boyfriend", Jackson
And who said arranged marriages were out?
The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.
-Jack Handey
Amy - are you there? Where are you? Skip a day? YOU DON'T SKIP A DAY! I depend on you more than Pioneer Woman...no pressure, of course...no pressure...
Post a Comment