Cue theme from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly now.
There she was on one side of the firetruck, dressed in workout clothes, ponytail, and visor. Armed with her Nikon camera taking pictures of Emma's kindergarten class. It was my nemesis, Over Achiever Mom. She's had it out for me since the day I was announced Room Mom. I saw her huff and puff and roll her eyes. I detected the bitter tone in her voice when she offered "to help with anything I couldn't do". I've felt the piercing stares every time we've met in the lunchroom. I've received all of her silly little questions to my emails which already had the answers OBVIOUSLY stated. I know she tries to undermine me at every turn and elevate her standing in Mrs. B's eyes. And I don't like her.
So there I was on the other side of the firetruck. Perfectly coordinated outfit with kick ass Skechers to match, and weighing about 40 pounds less. Armed with my Canon XTi, I was ready. We faced off with the class between us. Each with our fingers on the shutter button. Each waiting for just the right time to take just the right shot. Click, click, click, click... Shots in rapid succession.
What was she doing there? Doesn't she know this class isn't big enough for the two of us? There can only be one sheriff in town and I'm the one with the silver star.
"How are you today?" she says through a forced smile.
"Great and you?" I reply, sugary sweet.
"Good, I was just up here volunteering again." Because she has no life. "And I saw the fire truck and thought I would come and get some pictures of the class for Mrs. B. I didn't know you would be here."
"That's what room moms do, they come and take pictures of events."
"Well I think I'll stick around for a bit and take some pictures of my daughter."
Yeah go ahead and do that, I thought. Her daughter's the one who always has a headband or a bow and perfect little satin shoes. Well I can do Princess Leia buns and ponytail veils and Emma has bitchin' Ed Hardy sneakers.
We retreat to our opposite ends of the firetruck. Mrs. B stands by me and says,"Well, look who's here." WOW, do I detect a note of sarcasm in her voice? Seems I have the support of the whole town.
The class poses in front of the firetruck for a group shot. Over Achiever Mom races in front of me to help pose the kids. I wait patiently and she comes to stand by my side. "Oh they are just so cute!" We each take our shots. Mrs. B looks at ME and asks if I got it. I did.
"Did you get a good picture?" Over Achiever Mom asks. "Mine all look too dark and shadowy."
"Well did you shoot in AV and adjust your white balance setting? (thanks! Sarah) That's what I did, and look how cute this picture is!"
She looked at me and walked away, defeated, into the blazing sun. I've run her out of town for now, but I have a feeling that filthy bandit will be back to cause more trouble. And I'll be waiting...
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


8 comments:
Oh, you know she hates that she tries so hard and you still beat her at her own game naturally. Not that it's a competition, of course. ;)Just sayin'. . .
You'll have to give me tips on how to edge my way into Room Mom first next year.
Love it!! Go Amy! :)
That's awesome, you go girlie!! ;)
Hey, It's for the kids. None of you moms should be trying to upstage the other. Annoying as it is, she could be an asset some time when you could really use it and she sounds a little desperate to fit in. Try to turn the competition into cooperation and all may benefit.
What a come back about the camera setting! Leave it you our Amy to have just the right thing to say! :)
I love it! Also, a tad jealous that I didn't buy and Ed Hardy tenny's to match Emma while in Manhattan....maybe I should try to swap out the J denim for some??
I can hear the stand off music now....phew ew ewwww, whaa whaa waaaa.
Girl, with you being armed with the Canon XTi, True Religion jeans and Greek blood, she ain't got a chance!
Just checking in for my daily dose of Amy-hee, hee!
Post a Comment