Saturday, August 30, 2008

Something's not right here

I often think that maybe I'm not doing this parenting gig all so well. Examples? Read on...

While playing Sonic the other day with Krazy K, I was getting extremely frustrated. A few questionable words such as damn and shit and THAT one might have passed my lips. But it wasn't until I said," Ugh, this game is so STUPID!" that I got the "Mommy, you said a bad word, you're in big trouble." Nice to know that she won't be saying stupid in school at least.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I let Alli know that she wasn't going to her dad's and since we had no plans, why didn't she go ahead and call some friends and see if they wanted to see a movie. I'd pick them up, drop them off, and splurge for the popcorn.

No, I don't want to.
Why not?
I just don't.
If you don't get on that phone right now and start texting people, you're grounded...from READING!
You wouldn't do that.
Try me! Better yet, maybe I'll start burning your books. Let's see, I'll start with Twilight.
Mom, you are just evil!

I mean I can't be the only mother in the world who is trying to force their teenager to go out with their friends instead of staying home and reading on a Friday night, can I?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then this morning when Krazy K chucked a Tinkertoy at Emma's face which resulted in a busted lip, I just couldn't help but think to myself It's about damn time and serves her right and she had it coming while punishing one and administering first aid to the other. I can say that I've heard no squabbling from the playroom for the last 20 minutes. Really, is that all it took? Heck, had I known that I would have instituted a game of "Dodge Tinkertoy" long ago.

And I'm sure there are many other examples of the horrible job I'm doing. But I'm not going to relive those right now. I think I'll go bake my children some brownies instead. And no, they don't get to lick the batter bowl. Because I'm a bad mom, and I don't share.

13 comments:

Laski said...

All I can say is that no matter what you do (or don't), brownies make everything better :)

Ed (zoesdad) said...

Bad parenting--nah. I think of it more as being a referee anyway.

Oh, and I eat cookies--while hding in the pantry. Does that make me a bad parent?

Anonymous said...

LOL. And here I thought that that was parenting at its best... We should start a club or something

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sounds like things are going perfectly! And, darn straight you don't share the bowl.

April said...

And here I was hoping someone would make me feel less like a bad mom. But then you had to go bake brownies!!

just jamie said...

I think I love you.

Anonymous said...

You threatened to burn Twilight? You know that is self-abuse, too, right?

Rachel said...

I'm with AFF, you threatened to burn Twilight!! NO! Just threaten to send the rest of the series to me! K?
Seriously.

You make me laugh. You're not a bad parent, you're a real parent and your kids will be much more well adjusted as a result of it.

Brittany said...

Which Sonic game? The rings one? That one drives me CRAZY!!! I am so addicted to my Wii though. SO addicted.

Momisodes said...

Sounds like you're doing a fine job. I REALLY need to check out these Twilight books!

Rhea said...

Well. things do sound a little upside down in your house at the moment. lol Love the glimpse into your life. :o)

Narci D said...

aww, I think you are doing a great job!

Don Mills Diva said...

Yup - sounds like you're human to me!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.