When she wanted to use Alli's "fancy markers" instead of her Crayola Color Wonders, I said no.
When she started climbing the counters to get a bowl, I said no.
When she wanted to strangle the dog with a feather boa, I (surprisingly) said no.
When she wanted to bring 4 stuffed animals and two blankies to go get a haircut with her, I said no.
When she wanted to watch her new Backyardigans movies for the third time in a row, I said no.
When she wanted to put on my lipstick and eye shadow, I said no.
BUT...
When she asked for Beenie Weenies instead of a ham and cheese sandwich and grapes, I said yes.
When she asked me to stop folding clothes and go play Sonic on the Wii with her, I ecstatically said yes.
When she asked me to cuddle on the couch and do sticker books, I said yes.
When she asked if she could dress herself today, I said yes.

But next week, I'll say no. Because the junior streetwalker look is really not appropriate for Christian preschool.


21 comments:
Aww, she looks adorable! I love seeing what you said no to and what you said yes too. Very cute post idea.
OMG, too funny! And I am glad to know I am not alone because I am having some MAJOR battles with my four year old lately! The streetwalker comment had me LMAO! :)
Good thing you didn't let her dress herself AND have your lipstick and eyeshadow...
KEEP BELIEVING
I loved the post! Really cute.
That girl has good taste beyond her years! Wow! Such a cutie. :)
that is one saucy outfit Krazy K! Looks like something your mom(or Aunt) would wear!
I'm getting all these bad mom vibes from all over the place. LOL. I'd let my girls wear that to preschool.
Too funny! She looks so grown up in that outfit! I often pick my "battles" with Jonah as well! Lately he's been trying to wear his Wiggles shirt to school, then to bed, and then to school again the next day! I curse the Wiggly Playcenter for giving him that shirt at his birthday party! ;)
What a cutie!!!
Great post..so simple, yet so true!
She is adorable! I am impressed that she can coordinate a decent outfit. My daughter likes to dress herself and walks out wearing a pink flowered skirt and and tye-dyed t-shirt.
I think you chose wisely. Smart mama.
ha ha ha ha. Jr. Street walker... HA HA HA. Oh my, I am laughing so hard. lol
This totally made my night. I'm laughing out loud!!!!
It's ok, she still has flip flops on. If she grabs your clear heels, then you need to worry. You've got those, right? ;)
What a cutie! And, if you would have told me the street walker look was in, I would have believed you, because it's totally in at my school. I tell the kids they look trashy and they don't care!
But, she's cute and she can do it for a bit longer!
Love the post.. it had me laughing!
We play that game at my house too. Stay dry next week! Hopefully Gustav will turn SW and go into Mexico. (No ill intent wished upon Mexico, mind you)
What do ya mean - you don't allow popsicles for breakfast? he he he
She still looks pretty sweet to me. Stay strong for the battle!
LOL - love the 'tude in the pose, too.
Love the list! I have a jr. streetwalker of my own here. Just turned 7 and struts all over. Can't wait to see what she picks out to wear to church tomorrow!
Bahahah! You are hilarious. Until you mentioned it, I didn't think that last outfit was that bad, but now, of course, I can only see it as "junior streetwalker."
Post a Comment